CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Notifications
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Predator Ridge
Predator Ridge:  [?] . Breathtaking views near Vernon. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Notifications
toplefttopfilltopright
Cache Notifications
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Cache Notifications Reply with quote

For the last two days the automated cache notifications have come through on my email with the coordinates missing. Is there a reason for this??

Thanks
Laurie
Popoki_Iti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Notifications Reply with quote

Yup! Something at Groundspeak/Geocaching.com's end I think! Received the LoBot weekly mailer OK this week, but nothing at all last week. One of us were getting owner notifications with headers, but no text, the other no problem. If you check in the Groundspeak Forums, you may find help there, however....had no problem with any other mail at all. We followed the "uncertify" instructions the last time this happened. Just seems strange it is happening again and the Geocaching home page is new too. Hmm.....
Also, it is no longer an automatic logout. Good Luck!
Pat
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Notifications Reply with quote

Everyone should receive notifications in the original format once again.
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Notifications Reply with quote

Thanks for looking into it. I was afraid it was something I did as I have screwed up bigger things before. Such as my entire directory of GSAK saved Databases just last week. It is a gift that keeps on giving.

Laurie
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Notifications Reply with quote

OK - in an attempt to flog another dead horse - Is there any reason that is known as to why the weekly notifications I am receiving are now coming through with just the headers and NO messages?

I have checked anti virus, firewall, windows (say it ain't so), and any setting changes I can think of to no avail.

Thanks
Laurie
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1