CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» GeoRush 2008
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Predator Ridge
Predator Ridge:  [?] . Breathtaking views near Vernon. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» GeoRush 2008
toplefttopfilltopright
GeoRush 2008
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Fidoes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

Thanks so much to the BCGA with your successful partnership with BC Parks. We cachers in BC are very fortunate to have such a great organization working to promote and protect caching for us all to enjoy.

Congratulations on the success of this partnership, and thanks for all your hard work!
911turbos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

Newspaper article (features one of our own)

BC Parks page (picture of the coin)
WhistlerGeo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

I've hidden 5 of these caches on the 24th in the Whistler/Squamish area and they are definitely worth the search. Kudos to BCGA, BC Parks, BC 150 and all of those involved in setting this up. You know who you are!

scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

I don't know how long this news video will be available but it's worth a watch.

canwest.a.mms.mavenapp...ct=2600461

Select Noon News Hour
Then 'Hidden Coins'
koakai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

Query:
I managed to trade for a carabineer with a prize card, however the site asks for 12 numbers, and the card has BCGA followed by 11 numbers. Just want to make sure I punch it in correctly, so what would be the best way to do this?
911turbos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

Please send me a scan of the card. The number must have misprinted.

Thanks,
Irene
koakai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

Wow. Never mind. Turns out I'm high on deet fumes and sun exposure. Smile
WhistlerGeo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
I don't know how long this news video will be available but it's worth a watch.

canwest.a.mms.mavenapp...ct=2600461

Select Noon News Hour
Then 'Hidden Coins'

It's always nice to see geocaching recognized in the media!

scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

A few more media links:

Burnaby News Leader
CFAX Radio
The Progress
Times Colonist
grafinator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

I will admit I am very sad that there are 6 Provincial Parks within 60 kilometres of me and so far no Georush caches have shown up yet.

No coin for me.

Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

I've been living under a rock for the last couple of months and didn't know about the GeoRush. We were up at the cabin this weekend and I checked my email Saturday morning to find dozens of new caches. I was going to dash out and try for a FTF at Walloper Lake but decided to go later in the day. I was surprised to find a coin for third TF (didn't know about the coins either)

That combined with some new caches around the Lac Le Jeune area made for a good weekend.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

Just a reminder to those who have may have not read all the details on the Georush Caches.

The coins in the caches from BC Parks is for the finders at specific positions, they are NOT sequential, i.e. 1 through 5, there are three coins per cache, for 1st, 3rd and 5th.

This may not be totally clear to some of our newer cachers, but having prizes for various random positions on a cache is not uncommon, and usually done to give stragglers a chance at getting a prize.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

Are there more georush caches to come? So far of the 12 or so provincial parks on the northern part of Vancouver Island there has not been a single georush cache hidden in them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

There are approximately 15 BC Georush caches yet to be published. Although we tried our best to cover the entire province, there are some areas that simply do not have an active gocaching population. Since local geocachers are responsible for the geocaches, we couldn't ask them to drive 200K to plant them. The cache placements will reflect the geocaching population in that more will be placed in and around areas of the province where geocaching is most popular.
plumbrokeacres

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

I have now hid all my caches in the Prince George/Quesnel area just waiting for the last few to be published. now to go after some of the ones Malibooboo hid (115kms away) Sad
landsharkz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

grafinator wrote:
Are there more georush caches to come? So far of the 12 or so provincial parks on the northern part of Vancouver Island there has not been a single georush cache hidden in them.
As far north on the Island that our volunteers went was Campbell River area. I know of one more coming out in the Whistler area and otherwise I will be following up with the rest of the volunteers this coming week. We have been on the east coast and in Quebec for the Mega since the afternoon of the GeoRush launch and we're getting caught up this weekend. There will be more coins and new swag being sent to volunteers this week or early next week to re-stock the caches. The mint has unfortunately sent one item to Rhode Island and it's on its way to us now. Rolling Eyes Once it arrives, the re-stocking packages will be going out to the volunteers Smile .
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: GeoRush 2008 Reply with quote

grafinator wrote:

I would have loved to have hidden some farther north but maintenance becomes and issue as well as the cost of gas.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1