CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Garmin Oregon
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Racoon
Racoon:  [?] . Curiosity and ingenuity have earned the racoon's reputation as a geocache's primary non-human muggle. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Garmin Oregon
toplefttopfilltopright
Garmin Oregon
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
911turbos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Another new GPSr:

Garmin Oregon

Press Release
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Perhaps Garmin should be fixing problems in existing units (Colorado) before introducing new ones!?
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Hmmm.... new GPS or Disneyland this fall? Will the kids forgive me?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Catapult Jeff wrote:
Hmmm.... new GPS or Disneyland this fall? Will the kids forgive me?

Disneyland is already booked and paid for.... Think this will be my birthday prezzie to myself!
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Iron Maiden told me that it was her work bonus and she has booked Nov 10 off to make a 4 day long weekend so we are going. If I want a new GPS I guess I have to work some over time for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

I'm doing a girls trip with my mom, grandma, and 2 aunts for a week around the Labour Day weekend.

Birthday is around Christmas, so lots of time to save up, let Garmin work out some of the bugs, and watch the forums to see if it's all it's cracked up to be!!
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Well, the Oregon is officially out there and being tested hands on!
g-o-cachers is keeping everyone up to date on his findings and comparisons to the Colorado here: garminoregon.wikispace...mpressions
Also lots of chatter here:
forums.groundspeak.com...98780&st=0

It's gonna be hard to be patient... Very Happy
goaliegirl38

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

I'll be the local guinea pig! Ordered it from GPSCity last night, should be here in the next day or two!
Love Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

I played with Spuchfink's Oregon while he was in town. All I can say is I got to get me one of those. I love the way you navigate the menus, log your caches and fing the next one on the route. Just tap the scren. Then when you get home and have 30 caches to log all you have to do is plug the Oregon in and it logs them for you. Now how do I get the cerdit card charge past Mrs. Bug?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

It logs them for you? Yup I have to get me one of those. Enough of TESKELLY's hand me downs....Oregon here I come...lol Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

The Oregon is one cool GPSr.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

I've had mine for about a month, and I absolutely love it!!! I haven't had a ton of time to play with it, but did 11 caches in WA the first weekend I had it. I didn't know caching could be so easy!

So far it seems pretty durable, I've dropped it once, and used it in the rain without problems.

The menus are great and customizeable. Switching between screens at first can seem a little awkward, but it quickly becomes second nature. It's nice and easy to use, and will definitely help get me out there more often!

Any questions about it, feel free to ask, I'll see what I can do to answer!
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Bestred wrote:
It logs them for you? Yup I have to get me one of those. Enough of TESKELLY's hand me downs....Oregon here I come...lol Very Happy

Christmas is coming my love.
d-onion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

I just got my Oregon 550 today and it's pretty nice. This is the one with the camera. I think I'll have some fun geotagging photos.

Does anyone know how I get the name of the geocaches to show up on the map view? The 60csx displays the name next to the cache icon. I can't seem to get the Oregon to do the same.
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Select the geocache on the map by tapping the screen on top of it and it will show the name. That would be very cluttered and confusing if it always showed the names of every cache.
d-onion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Oregon Reply with quote

Thanks Teddy2k that makes sense. I've only been playing with this unit for a couple hours and I like everything about it. Can't wait to get it out in the field.

They even ship it with rechargeable batteries and a separate charger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1