CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» SWAG —» Breast Cancer Geocoin
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Ghost Towns
Ghost Towns:  [?] . Hedely [M | C]  Anyox [M | C]  Bradian [M | C]  Butedale [M | C]  Sandon [M | C]  Cody [M | C]  Kitsault [M | C]  Moyie [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» SWAG —» Breast Cancer Geocoin
toplefttopfilltopright
Breast Cancer Geocoin
Here you can talk about all the fun items associated with geocaching. Buy/Sell/Barter/Trade here.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

There is a new geocoin dedicated to the plight of breast cancer. This coin is trackable on geocaching.com and comes with its own icon.

All proceeds will go to the BC Cancer Foundation.

Coins will be sold for a minimum $10.00 donation. Yes, larger donations would be appreciated and gladly accepted. Shipping costs across Canada are an additional $3.00 but you can save on shipping by picking up the coins in Abbotsford.

Help support the BC Cancer Foundation. Contact Bob at: fla66 @ shaw.ca
vanislelady

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

So where can we order these coins from? I am extremely interested.
Smile
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

Fla66 asked me to post this message for him. You can reach him at his email: fla66 @ shaw.ca or through his account on groundspeak.

His geocaching.com contact can be found at this link...

www.geocaching.com/pro...a482fb2cb9
Dunworley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

Be glad to help out. I have a wife and daughter and you never know. I have a brother is a bladder cancer survivor (ex volunteer fireman) and another brother who is a prostate cancer survivor (ex airline pilot). It was considered that their professions were contributing factors. Anything to aid the fight against cancers of all types. I will be in touch.

Last edited by Dunworley on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
fla66

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

Hello All!
I want to first Thank Scruffster for making this post because I'm not good at doing anything but turning my computer "on"

The picture I sent him does this beautiful coin NO JUSTICE!

It has two colors of pink. I will get a good picture soon. After people see the true colors of this coin I won't have any left.

The coin was designed for my wife who is fighting cancer a second time. It is incurable. She does the "weekend walk to end breast cancer" I am on the "crew" All money goes to the "walk" aka BC Cancer Foundation.

Thanks,
BOB
Dunworley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

I received my coins today, and the pics do not do them justice. They are very, very attractive coins. I don't know if there are any left, but if you didn't get any, you missed out on a good coin for a good cause.
Love Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

On Saturday I slipped out of work and went by and picked up a coin from Fla66 at the car wash he put on for Breast cancer.
We had a nice chat about caching and fishing. The coin is great and he is right the picture does not do the coin justice.
I took a few pictures and they show the colors a little better but still not the best. Thanks for this beautiful coin.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

Just opened up the envelope with my coins...WOW Totally awesome and for a great cause.....Thanks
wildbeanz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

Love my coins too ! A great cause as my favorite cacher in the whole world is a Survivor of this nasty cancer. Get out there cachers and get one of these beautiful coins ! Great quality coin with a very cool icon ! Thanks Scruff for posting this topic !
Bestred

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Breast Cancer Geocoin Reply with quote

I had seen this coin in a coin book of a friend and really wanted one and was lucky to get one in the 2008 Geocoin Bonanza in Vancouver on June 28th.
It is a beautiful coin and a wonderful cause to support.
Bestred
Page 1 of 1