CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Kettle Valley Railway
Kettle Valley Railway:  [?] . The Myra Canyon section of the Kettle Valley Railway was built between 1912 and 1914. It was part of a "Coast to Kootenay" railway line that linked Midway, in British Columbia's Boundary District, with the Canadian Pacific Railway main line at Hope. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB
toplefttopfilltopright
Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB
Do you have a cache you would like to recommend? Post it here with the name of the cache as the title of the post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

I had the oppurtunity to visit the Othello Tunnels with a fun group of cachers but this cache would have ended up on my top 10 list regardless. This cache is in a wonderful spot filled with history and scenic beauty. No hard hike. No puffing and panting afterwards but I still felt as if I was on a great adventure.

These snapshots are from an old video camera and really don't really do justice to the scenery but they will give you a feel for the area.

DocMagoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

I remember Othello Tunnels cache from the early days of caching out in the Valley. It was maybe one of the first twenty for me under my belt. The cool thing is that at the end of the railway bed (by the yellow gate at the end), there's a trail that goes up the mountainside to the right...actually a part of the Coquihalla-Kettle Valley Cattle Trail from Gold Rush days. There are a bazillion places to hide a cache up there with some great views too! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

LordEd and I had the opportunity to do this cache this past summer on our caching trip to Vancouver. After seeing several DNF's before we go there made it more satisfying to find. You're right though, there's so many places to hide a cache along that route.
gotlost001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

There is another cache on the way to that cache. I placed one last fall. It is in one of the tunnels so bring a flashlight. Wink
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

This is one the coolest areas that I have ever seen! WOW! Shocked
wanderingwacky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

Just did this one on the weekend. It rocked!!
cartguy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

The trail must be open now. We went to do this cache about 2 weeks back but the trail was closed due to a rock slide. Can't wait to go and do it now.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

#500 right on! What a great cache. I knew this was the one for my 500th. The walk was great, the kids were great, my wife loved the tunnels, what a great morning. Got some great photos to go along with the cache . Check out my post.

www.geocaching.com/see...2c0f6994f8
Bestred

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Othello Tunnels -- GC80CB Reply with quote

Living here as long as I have, I have never even heard of the Othello Tunnels. So when TESKELLY mentioned doing it for his 500th cache how could I say no. WOW! no one should miss this. It is amazing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache
Page 1 of 1