CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Pacific Dogwood
Pacific Dogwood:  [?] . Rumoured to be Queen Elizabeth II's favourite flower, the Pacific Dogwood was designated British Columbia's floral emblem in 1956. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ?
toplefttopfilltopright
Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ?
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ? Reply with quote

Where and how do you log benchmarks, coins, and/or benchmark coins? I believe I read somewhere on GC.com that if you find a coin or benchmarkor benchmark coin that you can log it whether you move it or not. (guess you can't move benchmarks anyway). Any ideas?
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ? Reply with quote

On the left column of the geocaching page theres
Find a benchmark
Trackable items

You cant log canadian benchmarks and benchmark coins are just trackable geocoins.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ? Reply with quote

OK, thanks. I knew I saw it somewhere, but when you want to find it again, you can't.
Technic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ? Reply with quote

After QuigglyJones pointed me in the right direction I went and had a look on GC.com. The reason for all this is because I noticed a Canadian Benchmark Micro coin in a cache I visited yesterday. I took a couple of pictures, one of each side and included it in my log. When I did some homework on the Micro coin it said that it had started it's journey in Nova Scotia along with two other sibling coins.
The strange thing I noticed about the coin pictures when they were being sent off in Nova Scotia is that the tracking number had been blanked out in the pictures shown by the coin owner. What might be the reason for that?

I immediately went to GC,com and deleted the picture I had postedin my log showing the side with the tracking number because I thought if the owner did not want to show the number, I shouldn't show it either.
911turbos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ? Reply with quote

People don't use the tracking numbers in pictures to prevent virtual logging of a coin. Some people will log a coin even if they have never seen it if that can get the tracking number.
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Logging trackable coins, benchmarks, benchmark coins ? Reply with quote

QuigleyJones wrote:
On the left column of the geocaching page theres
Find a benchmark
Trackable items

You cant log canadian benchmarks and benchmark coins are just trackable geocoins.

You CAN log Canadian Benchmarks there just not at geocaching.com. Go to waymarking.com to find them or just check my signature!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1