CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Google earth
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Legislative Buildings
Legislative Buildings:  [?] . 3,300 light bulbs outline the exterior of British Columbia's Parliament Buildings. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Google earth
toplefttopfilltopright
Google earth
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormcloud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Google earth Reply with quote

So yesterday my son comes to me and says Dad did you know that google earth has an easter egg. Now I'm thinking that easter is just over that this is something cute that Google earth has done. Then he explains to me that its a free program. He tells me that if you press Control/Alt/A that it comes up with a free flight simulator. Well low and behold he's right.(smart kid). Does anybody know of any other hidden features on google earth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Google earth Reply with quote

I tried it and I'm definitely not ready for my pilot's licencse; during the flight I started rolling, got sick and got ill into the air sick bag........ then I crashed......twice.... Rolling Eyes

tjguy98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Google earth Reply with quote

I found a list of them here:
www.eeggs.com/tree/10091.html

Technic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Google earth Reply with quote

That is neat. Keyboard controls found at:
earth.google.com/intl/...index.html
Spark_ie

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Google earth Reply with quote

hehe Smile Very nice !

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Google earth Reply with quote

While we are on Google Earth, the Flight simulator is neat, but where in the Google Earth directory is the file for "My Places" saved. What I do when I find a cache, I go to Google Earth and place that cache on Google Earth and save it in "My Places". So where is the file My Places actually saved? Is it a hidden file, or is it an integral part of something else? I would like to know because I would like to back it up to CD if possible so that when my computer crashes I will still have a back up copy.
Jollylolly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Google earth Reply with quote

INn XP, you will find your "my places" file here...
C:\Documents and Settings\'username'\Application Data\Google\GoogleEarth\myplaces
Hope this helps.

Technic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Google earth Reply with quote

Thanks Jollylolly, I found the file as you described. I will back it up to disk or CD. I do notice there are several back ups in that directory as well, but when the computer crashes, those won't be any better than the original.
Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1