CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Blitz 2008
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Finn Slough
Finn Slough:  [?] . First settled by Finnish settlers in the 1880s, Finn Slough is one of the most unique fishing villages in the lower mainland. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
October 2014
SMTWTFS
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fri Oct 31, 2014
Event Halloween

Tue Nov 11, 2014
Event Remembrance Day

Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Blitz 2008
toplefttopfilltopright
Cache Blitz 2008
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xopster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

I was just purusing the Forums and the Association Calender looking for dates for the Cache Blitz. I see no mention of it since November.
I sure hope its a go this year!

curious,
Xopster

sleaf@telus.net

Scott Leaf.com
tjguy98

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

Was on the Home Page for a while, it runs the month of April. See the link..

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...le&sid=293

scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

Also remember that all the dates for the major 2008 BCGA events have been posted in the announcements section of the forums.

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...opic&t=856
Xopster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Also remember that all the dates for the major 2008 BCGA events have been posted in the announcements section of the forums.

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...&t=856

Silly me for thinking that the BCGA Calendar, on the Main Menu, would be the place to look! Wink
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

We can't put the dates on the calendar until they're confirmed by our reps across the province. We don't really know what date they'll have a CITO in Prince George or a Blitz Event in Cranbrook since the dates are open for the weekend to give our reps a bit of leaway.

The dates posted at the beginning of the year were for reference so people will know roughly when these events will take place. Sorry we can't be more exact. If you would like to go to one of these events, please try to keep the weekend open until we are able to post the events on groundspeak.
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

I suggest you sticky this thread to make the info easily available for everyone. I had no idea there was even a cache blitz planned. I still can't find any way to find out about except through the link posted in this thread. Make it stand out better please.

tjguy98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

The first mention of the Blitz for 2008 was in the General Announcements section under the thread titled "Event Dates" posted way back on Nov 20 2007. Plus it was on the Home Page for a time beginning Feb 12 as evidenced by the link posted. And I'm sure the gang will soon be posting another Blitz Event article on the Home Page, same as last year.

You just gotta visit more often to notice these things! Razz

scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

The 2008 Blitz was also mentioned on Icenrye's last videozine. I'm surprised people missed the Blitz announcement on the front page. It was there for over two weeks and was just scrolled off today with the new news stories. We'll be posting more Blitz updates shortly.
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

I'm not saying there hasn't been posting about the blitz. I guess I'm used to these things being stickied in a forum. And I wasn't checking in much between November and January so didn't see the original postings.

QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz 2008 Reply with quote

Looks like i'm not going to be able to attend the event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1