CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Mega event
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Alpine Meadow
Alpine Meadow:  [?] . In the summer, alpine meadows across British Columbia burst into colour. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Mega event
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Mega event
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

the only mega event I see isGeoWoodstock VI.
And the only place that has 1,2,3 the same weekend is North Carolina but none are registerd as mega?
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

I'm going, just booked my hotel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

Iron Maiden and I have our hotel booked. We will be leaving Thursday night. Should be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

Will you all be staying at the same Hotel? Will it be a geo swinging hotel with lots of late night parties and room swapping? Oh my.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

LOL, well considering I'm travelling with Geodug, if Catapult Jeff & us start swinging I think I'm getting the best part of that deal!!!! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

We've booked our room too - its at the Orchid Suites in Roseville which is near the Friday Registration Event supposedly. I believe it's going to be from noon to 6pm on Friday once its' approved... that leaves Friday night for caching, sleeping, partying or room swapping Embarassed .
So where are y'all staying? We've still got time to move to another hotel if necessary Shocked Laughing

Last edited by landsharkz on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

Geodug and I are at the Heritage Inn Express in Roseville

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I think I know when to have the next BCGA director's meeting.

Landsharkz -- absent
CanadianBacon -- absent
911Turbos -- absent
Catapult Jeff -- absent
WildWigglyBeanz -- absent
Kootenay Pirates -- couldn't make it.

I vote to make some changes. All in Favour...

Scruffster -- I. opposed??? Nobody opposed??? The motion is carried.

_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Hmmmm. I think I know when to have the next BCGA director's meeting.

Landsharkz -- absent
CanadianBacon -- absent
911Turbos -- absent
Catapult Jeff -- absent
WildWigglyBeanz -- absent
Kootenay Pirates -- couldn't make it.

I vote to make some changes. All in Favour...

Scruffster -- I. opposed??? Nobody opposed??? The motion is carried.

I vote the next BCGA directors meeting be in Roseville! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

I think some one has a little too much time on his hands. Maybe he should go caching! Or you really do want to take over the world. As where we are staying its.....? the Heritage Inn I think.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

I booked my flight and tickets about a month ago. I'm one eager cacher to have some fun down in California.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

I know we are leaving Thursday evening and driving down past Portland that night. I believe Pink and Brain are too. For those of you out there that are toying with the idea of driving down but want to drive with a group let us know. Maybe we can meet up. A convoy from BC to California.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

I think we are leaving Wed Evening, stopping around 11PM, then off to Sacramento early next day. About 2 8 hour drives.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

I'm hoping to be able to make it for this event as well. A convoy would be fun. I am planning on caching all the way down and back up, so I might leave Wednesday as well. Should easily be able to knock off a hundred caches on this trip.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

We certainly looked at driving there and back but we've opted to fly because we can't afford the time on the road Sad .
Our friend Mark will be driving down on the Thursday in a red Honda Prelude with a kayak on top; you may catch a glimpse of him as he zips by you Wink .
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

Oh good radar bait! We'll let him and fall in behind. No need to pick up extra costs while do there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

Seems like a good time for a Coup d'etat with all the members out of town.

HwyGuy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

Showing up at an AGM and standing for election might work too!
HwyGuy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

We have booked the room and registered, so we will not be carbon neutral in May.

We will be driving down, so hopefully we can meet up with the rest of the BC contigient on the road.

I want to do the Original Cache Stash on this trip.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

It looks like a lot of people are going down. Perhaps you should all invest in walkie talkies so you can communicate on the highway when you want to get a cache.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
It looks like a lot of people are going down. Perhaps you should all invest in walkie talkies so you can communicate on the highway when you want to get a cache.
Funny you say that. I was just talking to the 911Turbo's about upgrading our FRS radios to the newer technology. a 2km range is not much use on such a long trip. A 25k range on the other hand....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

You should all get Rinos Smile
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mega event Reply with quote

QuigleyJones wrote:
You should all get Rinos Smile
I think carrier pidgeons are easier to feed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1