CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» projection
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Rogers Pass Cenotaph
Rogers Pass Cenotaph:  [?] . The Rogers Pass Cenotaph is dedicated to the completion of the Trans Canada Highway on September 3, 1962. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» projection
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
projection
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: projection Reply with quote

Trying to come up with cords for a cache that uses projection what mode does it have to be in
Thanks
tjguy98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

Which GPSr do you have?

msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

60 csx by Garmin
gotlost001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

If you have a PDA for paperless caching and use Cachemate it will do the projection for you. You can also do a projection easily with GSAK.
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

Where in cachemates do I find this tool
Please
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

<--- Below "User Info" box theres another box that says "Projections" feel free to use that. Razz

Or why not project right on the GPS.
While on the "waypoint page" press "menu" select "project waypoint" enter distance/degrees from the waypoint you selected and new waypoint is created.
gotlost001

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

Here is a little tip for those of you that use CacheMate. I wish I knew this when I was on the Island last summer. If you are searching for a cache that requires you to project a way point CacheMate will do the math for you. With the starting point selected (the way point given in the cache description) touch the top of the screen to drop down the options menu then touch Calc. and select Project way point. Enter the bearing and distance and there is your way point.
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

Thank you so much I never knew cachemate had that feature
Technic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: projection Reply with quote

This is an old post, I know, but I am reading new ones every day. I knew projecting waypoints was possible somehow, either via the GPS or the PDA. Now, this answers the question. I just tried it on my PDA and now feel confident I can do in in the field, should the requirement arise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1