CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» CITO Event
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mount Sheba
Mount Sheba:  [?] . Reminiscent of the temples of Egypt and Persia, the exotic landscape beckoned early pioneers to name the peak Mount Sheba. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» CITO Event
toplefttopfilltopright
CITO Event
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: CITO Event Reply with quote

A member recently inquired on the LMGA forums if there is going to be a CITO event sometime. I organized the Mud Bay Park Cito Event last year and I am contemplating doing it again this year. Last year I was unable to get any official involvement from the BCGA due to annual meetings and changing directors during the planning stage.

Of course we are all free to organize and submit our own CITO events but something of this size is best done by a group of people in my opinion. Last year I volunteered to organize it after no one else did at the LMGA. Perhaps there are some here that would be interested in organizing such an event.

Let's start a discussion about how much interest there is in holding a CITO event first. If there is sufficient interest (and I expect there will be) the next steps would be to select a theme and organizing person or group. The theme last year was the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup which is a good one and perhaps will be done again but of course there are many options for a CITO event. We arrived at the theme, and location last year by voting on the LMGA forums.

Shall we look at a combined effort this year between the BCGA and LMGA? If so, we will have to figure out a way to organize this. Your thoughts please. There is also a forum thread on this topic at the LMGA.

MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

Found this link via vigps forums re possible CITO sites in the Lower Mainland.
I've never been able to make it for a CITO yet and hope this is the year.

www.vanaqua.org/cleanu...gion_id=11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

That map provided is great, wish it was posted last year.
And it looks like last years spot is taken (unless it was reserved by SSS).
hollyburn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

Great map! I'm sure a CITO event would be a hit. Do we have someone to arganize it. Would be good if LMGA & BCGA could work together. Maybe CITO s in other areas of the province as well.
911turbos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

A CITO event has been published:

Sumas Prairie CITO Event
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

Under General Announcements a fall CITO event is being considered. May I suggest the The Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup which is organized by TD and the Vancouver Aquarium?

scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

The Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup is definitely a possibility. It all depends on where the representatives across the province feel our services are most needed.
stormcloud

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

The BCGA has just announced the Province
Wide dates, and one of the events was a
CITO this fall. I believe it is the second weekend in september. This is something that we have been discussing in PG and are planning on being a part of it. As we have a lot of creeks, lakes and rivers if you want to use a water theme we could probably follow through with it up here and help to make this a province wide event.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

OK that's weird....SSS and Scrufster's old messages appeared as new postings with today's date. Stormcloud's looked like a new message....

Things that make you go hmmmmm.......

tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

tjguy98 wrote:
OK that's weird....SSS and Scrufster's old messages appeared as new postings with today's date. Stormcloud's looked like a new message....

I take that back...Stormcloud's is an old message as well

South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

tjguy98 wrote:
tjguy98 wrote:

I take that back...Stormcloud's is an old message as well

Huh? These were just posted today. It was originally an old thread that I bumped.

The Great Canadian Shoreline cleanup is a bit of a misnomer. It does not have to be along the ocean or even a lake. Small creeks and streams qualify as well. It is officially held over two weekends in mid to late september.

Of course its just a suggestion, there are many other worthwhile causes out there. But if selected they do provide some of the cleanup gear and gives you a ready made framework for setting up a CITO.

tjguy98

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

If that's the case it would have been better if you had added a qualifier stating you were re-posting them to get the CITO dialog started again.

Outdated messages that re-appear for "no apparent "reason will probably get ignored by most folks on the board.....

South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

Perhaps the admins should have posted the CITO discussion in a forum that we could have responded too. They posted it in a admin only area.

Plus its bad practice to have multiple discussion about the same topic. If I was incorrect in posting to this existing forum discussion then I humbly apologize.

What is unfortunate is that there appears to be little interest in a CITO event unless discussions are taking place outside of this forum.

scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: CITO Event Reply with quote

There is definitely interest. The CITO event will happen and it will take place at several venues across the province. Since it is almost a year away I don't expect much buzz at this point. I have no doubt geocachers from around the province will get involved as the event nears, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1