CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» dogbreathcanada's glorious return
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Racoon
Racoon:  [?] . Curiosity and ingenuity have earned the racoon's reputation as a geocache's primary non-human muggle. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» dogbreathcanada's glorious return
toplefttopfilltopright
dogbreathcanada's glorious return
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogbreathcanada

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: dogbreathcanada's glorious return Reply with quote

subject lines are for hyperbole, no?

not such as glorious as just a return.

receiving a bunch of geocaching.com email. so thought i'd nip all the replies i might have to write by just posting something about it here, at BC's one-stop caching resource.

geocaching.com was kind enough to reinstate my account after a year and a half ban. a legitimate ban, mind you. never had an issue with the decision they made, and never raised a fuss or ruckus over it. all in all, it was a good thing, got me out of my obsessive caching mindset. haven't even picked up the gpsr in a little over a year. found three caches in the months after my ban, and two well after. the last two were up squamish way in august 2006.

just glad to have the account back ... so that when i do get in the mood to go out to find a couple of caches, a cache coordinate search won't bring up caches i've already found in the past. nothing worse than trying to filter out all the caches i've already done from a long list of available caches.

for those that think my return spells doom and gloom for the community, don't worry. you won't even know i'm around, except for the occasional "thanks for the cache" log entry.

shortly after my ban i made a long apology to a whole mess of people on the lmga website. or those that missed it, and for those that i peeved off in the past, my apologies.

my thanks, as well, to everyone who adopted my caches since my ban. there's only a few i wouldn't mind back again and i've contacted the adopters in question. tho if you really enjoyed maintaining them, you can keep them, no hard feelings at all. you did me a favour after all. and if you really hated maintaining any of the caches you did adopt, and would like me to take them back, just email me and i'll do that too. i know a few caches went missing, and the adopters went the extra mile to replace them, which was really cool of them to do, and not something they had to do.

i also seem to have some geocoins that i should put back into the wild. so will try to get those back out there in the next couple of weeks.

anyhow, enjoy the caching to you all. looking forward to checking out what's new in the area and out in the hills. take care.
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: dogbreathcanada's glorious return Reply with quote

Hey Dogbreath. Good to see ya back. See ya on the trails.
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: dogbreathcanada's glorious return Reply with quote

Welcome back,

I would be happy to transfer the caches back to you that I looked after.

dogbreathcanada

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: dogbreathcanada's glorious return Reply with quote

South Surrey Scavengers wrote:
Welcome back,

I would be happy to transfer the caches back to you that I looked after.

Yeah, my hiking/mountain top caches were what I was thinking about. Particularly pleased/proud of those placements.

Goecaching.com used to have a cache transfer system ... tho I have no idea how to use it anymore. But I think basically you specify who you want to transfer too and then I receive an email and confirm. Something like that.
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: dogbreathcanada's glorious return Reply with quote

You can expect to receive emails regarding the transfers. I used the cache adoption tool at geocaching.com.

dogbreathcanada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: dogbreathcanada's glorious return Reply with quote

South Surrey Scavengers wrote:
You can expect to receive emails regarding the transfers. I used the cache adoption tool at geocaching.com.

Thanks man. All transfers complete and I added a Thank You note on all the caches for your excellent service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1