CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» GSAK and Gpsr's
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Marine Life
Marine Life:  [?] . "Second only to the Red Sea", according to Jacques Cousteau! Explore under the ocean. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» GSAK and Gpsr's
toplefttopfilltopright
GSAK and Gpsr's
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: GSAK and Gpsr's Reply with quote

Since so many of now are using (or planning on getting) Garmin 60cx's and sx's and not all of us are techy, a tutorial on using GSAK's micros and filters etc maybe a useful get-together.
I'd appreciate knowing how to utilize all the capabilities. Mr Turbo (Thank you!) kindly cleared up a couple of mysteries for me which was a big help but I still am at a loss on many things I'd dearly love to know.
I find the GSAK forums so technical I have no idea what they are saying never mind how to do what they say. A get-together would be way more instructive and practical.
CB tantalized me with a dazzling display of what is possible. I feel like the kid outside the candy store.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GSAK and Gpsr's Reply with quote

I just got GSAK and am discovering new things in it every day. I believe there is so much to it that one cannot learn it all by oneself. Having a class on it might be a good idea. I see there are GSAK 101 events out there, but not anywhere nearby. My suggestion to you at this moment, and you probably thought of it yourself is to Google GSAK 101. It will bring up a word document which is a step by step guide to get you started. Then Google GSAK 201 and this document will teach you how to customize GSAK.

I too would like to know more on how to best utilize the best of GSAK.
gotlost001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: GSAK and Gpsr's Reply with quote

I did a GSAK 101 presentation at the Geocaching 101 event last month. I would be willing to host a GSAK 101 event in the the Fraser Valley if I knew there would be a good turn out, and if some one would help me answer questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1