CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Fantasy Fun & Fire
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Urban wildlife in B.C.
Urban wildlife in B.C.:  [?] . Wildlife big and small, urban and remote abound throughout B.C., even Skunks! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Fantasy Fun & Fire
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Fantasy Fun & Fire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to this event. I've already made lanterns. The first four are done and they're huge. It's amazing what ya can do with dollar store wrapping paper and some string.

You can learn how to make them here...

www.funsocialstudies.l...antern.htm

I was just wondering who's going and if they're actually going to make a lantern for the event? Not too many people did last year.
V-I-cacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

well, I have put my "will attend" in there... and also got a GC that wants to hitch a ride with them germans, that also said they'll be there during their vacation...
...but frankly, I'll be glad enought if I make it to the event at all; lanterns are way out of the question Sad
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

Really? The big lanterns I made only took about 45 minutes to make. Anyone can contribute something small with little time and effort. I've even seen people throw a candle in a cheese grater. Simple but effective.

Here are a few lantern making links. Most of these projects could be done by kids and don't take much time nor effort. All you need is sciscors and some printer paper and I KNOW most geocachers have that **wink**

A paper version of the cheese grater idea. Very pretty.
www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_e...53,00.html

Simple Chinese lanterns
www.enchantedlearning....r/lantern/

Tin Can Lanterns
www.diynetwork.com/diy...30,00.html

The lanterns I made (but small size)
www.funsocialstudies.l...antern.htm

Popsicle Stick Lantern -- These are really good looking
www.makingfriends.com/...antern.htm
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

**teehee** More lanterns. I like the cut out lanterns. Very easy to make and they look nice lit up.

Team K1W1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

I was going to grab all our solar lights from the garden and bring those....
Now Anne wants to make some proper ones like Scruff's!
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

Anything goes. Solar is fine. It's always nice to have any kind of lantern to light the picnic. If it's windy, solar lights wont blow out and you'd be the hit of the party.
klossner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

My daughter made three lanterns of stained glass. We brought candles but didn't think about matches!
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Fun & Fire Reply with quote

...and a great time was had by all.

I learned one thing. Geocachers make wonderful lanterns. I loved the Ice Dragon, alien, the beautiful stained geo glass, mosquito and, of course, the DNF monster. There were more, many more lanterns that put my glowing shower curtain to shame. **teehee**

Photos of the event can be found by clicking the link below. If anyone else has pictures to share please post them here or on the cache page. I'd love to see them.

Photos: bobbea.com/illuminares...hotos.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1