CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» APE Cache
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Molly's Reach
Molly's Reach:  [?] . This historic diner, featured for 19 years on CBC's famous TV show, "The Beachcombers", is a cultural mainstay for many Canadians. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» APE Cache
toplefttopfilltopright
APE Cache
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: APE Cache Reply with quote

Spuchtfink will be traveling from Germany to Vancouver this autumn and he'd like to know if it is possible to do a day trip from Vancouver to the APE caches in the USA.

APE Mission #9: Tunnel of Light -- GC1169

I know it is possible to get to the caches and back in a day but is it possible to visit other caches on the way down? Also, spuchtfink would like to know if anyone else from the Vancouver area would like to visit the APE caches with him on the 22nd of September.

**edit** I took out the Brazil APE mission. I didn't check it out before posting. This will just be for APE #9. Also corrected date.

Last edited by scruffster on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total
911turbos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: APE Cache Reply with quote

You can do Tunnel of Light in one day. We did it with lots of other caches starting very early and coming home very late. There are 2 in the tunnel, one just outside the entrance before you reach the APE cache. Lots of other caches between here and there.

The other one is in Brazil, so it would not be possible from here.
spuchtfink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: APE Cache Reply with quote

Hi -

we know that it is possible Mr. Green , for we contactet the owner : Jon - moun10bike.
He wrote:
""Hi Doris & Tammo,
It will make for a long day, but you should be able to do it. The drive from Vancouver to the parking lot for the tunnel will take you about 3 hours, and the walk through the tunnel to the cache and back is about 6 miles round-trip on a very level surface.
Let me know if I can be of any help!
Jon (Moun10Bike).""

Our questions:

=> What about an Event on the 22nd of Sept. with the highlight "Tunnel of Light" Laughing Laughing Laughing
=> Who is interested to come along with us ? Laughing Laughing Laughing
=> Meetingpoint ???

Let us know ...
Doris & Tammo
( spuchtfink and faltohr )
from
Bremen / Germany
- the city of the townmusicians

www.brementownmusicians.com/en/main
Love Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: APE Cache Reply with quote

I have done the APE cache in one day from Abbotsford. Picked my son up in White Rock drove down, did the Ape cache and many others in the area and we were back in White Rock by 7:00 that evening. That is with stopping in Bellingham and grabbing eight caches thier. We did take our bikes down to do the cache so that made it a little quicker. I would love to go do it again. If the timing is right you can count us in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: APE Cache Reply with quote

Hi again -

the right date for the adventure is the Arrow 22nd of SEPTEMBER ...
( There is a mistake in the first message - sorry ).
See you in 8 weeks ...:lol: Laughing Laughing

spuchtfink and faltohr
BREMEN / Germany
Half-Canadian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: APE Cache Reply with quote

If there is a way for everyone to ride a bike, it will really shorten the amount of time it takes to get to the cache, and also adds another aspect to the adventure -- riding through a pitch black tunnel and trying not to override your headlamp beam. That's the way I did that cache, (on my mountain bike) and it was a blast.

I don't think there are any bike rental places near the cache any more, but something could be arranged for the visitors on the way down, I would think.
Love Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: APE Cache Reply with quote

Already working on getting a bike or two for spuchtfink, also waiting to hear back from him on were he is staying and other quetions I e-mailed him. Looking at setting up an Event for the day for those interested in going down and hitting the Ape cache along with some others. I just hope he got my e-mail. Will work on the Event as soon as I hear back from spuchtfink, as it was his idea to have an event for the day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1