CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Northern B.C. —» Oops Award
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Rocky Mountaineer
Rocky Mountaineer:  [?] . The Rocky Mountaineer heading north along Howe Sound. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Northern B.C. —» Oops Award
toplefttopfilltopright
Oops Award

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Northern B.C.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormcloud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Oops Award Reply with quote

Embarassed As the proud holder of the New Oops award i am looking for nominations for the next candidate. To nominate some one for the award you must give a brief descrition of why you think they should be nominated.

Heres why I won the first one.

At the annual Cache Blitz meet day i had organized a Poker Cache. I had arranged for the pages to be released the day before to allow people that work Saturdays to be able to participate and join us for the dinner Saturday night. Well at 12:30 am on the day of the event the cache pages had not been released.

I quickly typed out all the coodinates to the Poker cache hides and printed them off. I took these print outs to the Breakfast that morning and gave them out. A few hours later i recieve a phone call. To my horror in my hurry to type out the coodinates in the wee hours of the mornig i had typed one of the coodinates wrong. I corrected the coodinates on the phone for the people. I then typed out a sign on the computer the read The Coodinates should read blah blah ( of course double checknig that they were right). I then got permission from the home owner to place the sign on the tree in her front yard ultimately turning this particular cache into a multi.

The dinner that night was at 7:00 PM. When i returned home after the meet and greet i discover that the Cache pages had finally been released at 7:30PM that very night, with all the correct information in place.

This award is ment to be in fun. This is not meant to offend. Nominators, please use good judgement, and nominees please accept the nomination in the spirit of fun, and remember pay back is a blast.

The award will be personly passed on to the new winner at the October Wrap up meet.
plumbrokeacres

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Oops Award Reply with quote

The poker derby was fun. Last one out looking for them first to find #3 (after a phone call). had a blast thanks for all your effort.
plumbrokeacres

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Oops Award Reply with quote

I nominate Austins Dad for trying to hide a cache and getting stuck in a mud puddle when there was a perfectly dry pasrking spot right next to the mud hole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Northern B.C.
Page 1 of 1