CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537)
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Sproat Lake
Sproat Lake:  [?] . Prehistoric Petroglyphs at Sproat Lake. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537)
toplefttopfilltopright
Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537)
Do you have a cache you would like to recommend? Post it here with the name of the cache as the title of the post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team K1W1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537) Reply with quote

We did this cache while going to Lac Le Jeune for the weekend. It's about 13km off the Coquihalla on a paved road. What we enjoyed about this cache was the location - you stand on a concrete slab where the water tower used to sit and think "why on earth would you have a railway station out here." The area is full of history and makes me want to explore all the backroads in the area. Well worth the side trip off the Coq - naturally we saw entry's in the logbook from the Turbos, The Beanz and Mr G (who maintains the cache now)
tjguy98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537) Reply with quote

I've done several of the roads in the area; one of the nicest drives is to go north from Princeton through Coalmont and Tulameen, continuing north along Otter Valley Road for several miles traversing lands belonging to the Douglas lake Ranch. At the junction of Otter Valley Road and Brookmere Road you turn west and follow the old Kettle Valley Railroad route passing several old train stops all but forgotten now. Eventually you cross over the mountain divide and descend into the Coquihalla Valley and arrive at Brookmere, which is the old KVR subdivision stop. From there it's an easy drive downhill to the Coquihalla Highway.

If anyone is interested in a trip report and pictures from the route I just mentioned you can read it here

Scroll down the page until you see the story titled "Hope to Pricenton to the Coquihalla"

Team K1W1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537) Reply with quote

A great read there Ed. I recently bought the book Coquihalla Trips and Trails written by Murphy Shewchuk. I have both the old and new editions. I'm pretty sure you must have a copy of it. I'd love to do more exploring in the area.
tjguy98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537) Reply with quote

I do have that book, both old and new editions just like you. I also have the "Cycling the KVR" book; as matter of fact most of my books are reference books on South West BC. I think I have 25-30 books on the region; everything from the European settlement to First Nations culture, with a mix of geological reference books and current "where to go" books like the ones by Jack Christie.

Tulameen_Turtles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537) Reply with quote

Ed - do you happen to have any history in those books? Trying to fill in a few last pieces of information for our event for the book we're doing for it - and this cache will be one of the ones included. Along with a couple others out of Brookemere (and maybe one 1/2 way down the kvr..ol)
tjguy98

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Brookmere Station - KVR (GCQ537) Reply with quote

Will see what I can find and PM you.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache
Page 1 of 1