CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» cache blitz
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Haida Gwaii
Haida Gwaii:  [?] . The first nations name for the Queen Charlotte Islands and the homelands of the Haida people. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» cache blitz
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
cache blitz
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RabidRabit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: cache blitz Reply with quote

How do I enter a cache in the blitz. I placed a cache and want to enter it in the blitz. I looked for half an hour before I entered it but couldn't find anything that would help me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: cache blitz Reply with quote

Hello,

If you go to the home page for this site, on the right there will be a green box that says Cache Blitz 2007. This is a link to an information page about the Blitz and at the bottom it tells you how to enter a cache into the Blitz. If this doesn't help you, email me and I will help you out.

Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: cache blitz Reply with quote

Thank you very much, I was able to find the link. Now when I go to place the Html on my edit cache page it won't add it. I've tried several times and it doesn't show up after I add it and hit the edit button. Any ideas?

Jim
grafinator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: cache blitz Reply with quote

Make sure that when you are creating your cache page that you have the box checked on your cache page that says "The descriptions below are in HTML"

If that doesn't help, then I have no clue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: cache blitz Reply with quote

Regarding 2008 Cache Blitz...I noticed the directions and am trying to follow them I have done the B08: name thing and put NO for location ..I inserted just below NO the block it says to insert but nothing shows up on my cache page. Do I have to wait until its published for it to show up? or when does it show up? That seems to be the only thing thats not working...we don't submit until April 1st or just after right?
911turbos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: cache blitz Reply with quote

It should still show up now. Make sure you have the "The descriptions below are in HTML" box ticked on the cache listing page. I have a cache set up, ready to go for the 1st and the box is showing up. The link will take you to the BCGA site, but the voting part will not be active until after the 1st.

Irene
Chilcotinsam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: cache blitz Reply with quote

Thank you I followed your instructions and printed the instructions....I dont' think they are that clear really...I didn't understand WHERE to put location and the HTML code...I was not doing it in the editing section....I think it just needs to be a little more clear...maybe add a few more steps or something. Think I have the hang of it now though..so we are all good to go. Looking forward to the blitz!
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: cache blitz Reply with quote

Chilcotinsam wrote:
Thank you I followed your instructions and printed the instructions....I dont' think they are that clear really...I didn't understand WHERE to put location and the HTML code...I was not doing it in the editing section....I think it just needs to be a little more clear...maybe add a few more steps or something. Think I have the hang of it now though..so we are all good to go. Looking forward to the blitz!

Put the indication of the Region in the bottom of your cache description.
The big text area when you edit your cache information where you described the cache.

We read the cache page when they come up, and look for the location. When we add it to the blitz voting we assign it to a region.

Of course if it looks really out-of-area, we may move it to a different region, its not a big deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1