CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Sockeye Salmon
Sockeye Salmon:  [?] . Over fifteen million sockeye salmon return to the Adams River by Chase once every four years. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test
toplefttopfilltopright
Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

I have activated the electronic voting system for the upcoming Cache Blitz. This is in test mode. Please read more about it here: Blitz Voting Test

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

I was giving scruffster's cache all ones and it came back as.
"database error has occurred
The webmaster has been notified of the error"
Hmmm sounds like scruffys going to score well Razz

When I deleted the comment I had attached it was accepted.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

i think this was because of a ' in the comment text entered. I have fixed it so it should work now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

I thought Quigley was my friend. **sob** Well, I'll cry all the way to the test podium when the honest people start voting. **giggle**
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

SSIM#2 ... I think it's revenge for the puzzle!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

It's working for me! Looks good......like the idea of voting for cache logs Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

Tried it out and it worked fine (you are something else CB) except for the log I tried to vote for. It was from one of the caches in the test-list you created but it said my log vote was for a cache Not in the list...so a small bug hopefully to work out.
Other than than it is a great idea and once again Thanks for your Time to make our caching lives as smooth as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

That works as it should.. Yes the 'cache' is in the blitz, the the 'log' you chose has to be associated to it.
It shows up on the admin screen as 'logged but not assigned' an admin then will associate the actual log to a cache, and voila.. a complete vote. I'll do that part now, so you can see it show up as voted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

yep, Ivoted for all 32 caches on the drop down menu. No problems here. It went smoothly. It's much easier to do it this way if the Blitz is going to be as busy as I think it is.
_canadianbacon_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

And Scruffy is in the lead for most caches found!!!! Was it cold in Prince George?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

It's a test, Wilber. Just a test. I suspect when the actual Blitz happens people will be visiting the caches first. **wink**
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

Nice!
And so glad the emphasis is on quality versus quantity. We are certainly not cache deprived especially in the Lower Mainland.
Doing the impatient dance waiting for the Blitz to start.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

Yeh, only #%!^)~ more %^!-s sorry. Scruffy has sworn me to silence. But that does not stop you from getting them all ready!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
It's a test, Wilber. Just a test. I suspect when the actual Blitz happens people will be visiting the caches first. **wink**
But Pepé Le Pew, I don't think its bad thing for people to vote on the cache page or educational content even if they have not visited the cache.

PS
Does anybody have any more voting categories to suggest?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

Yes, I would like to see a "new or unique innovation" category. This category will comprise the most creative hides that people do not see every day. Birds nests on pulleys etc.
MsChief-Gps_y

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

Am I being blind? Is there a list of the categories for the upcoming Blitz. If there isn't should we start one so the newer folks who don't have past experience with the Blitz know what to aim for? And simply to keep us current and start the creative juices flowing?
I like the idea of categories for most educational, best log, "new or unique innovation".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache Blitz Electronic Voting Test Reply with quote

MsChief-Gps_y wrote:
Am I being blind? Is there a list of the categories for the upcoming Blitz. If there isn't should we start one so the newer folks who don't have past experience with the Blitz know what to aim for? And simply to keep us current and start the creative juices flowing?
I like the idea of categories for most educational, best log, "new or unique innovation".
The current test questions are the the 'list'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1