CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» CFAX 1070 Radio Interview
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Steller's Jay
Steller's Jay:  [?] . The Steller's Jay is British Columbia's Provincial Bird and the inspiration for the 2008 BCGA geocoin. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» CFAX 1070 Radio Interview
toplefttopfilltopright
CFAX 1070 Radio Interview
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landsharkz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: A Geocaching Booth at Trade Shows Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
The BCGA is committed to promote geocaching throughout BC and we're always looking for new and interesting ways to do it.

On Monday December 11th Mr. Landsharkz (Chris) and Lumbo-Tire (Trent) are going to be on CFAX 1070 from 4-5pm talking about Geocaching with News Anchor Erick Thompson. I'm sure Chris will manage to turn the conversation to highlight the BCGA at some point during the conversation! This is costing nothing and will potentially reach more people than the Outdoors shows. This came about because Erick Thompson happened to drop by a school hot-dog sale we were voluntering at and he overheard us talking about the shipment of geocoins that were arriving that day... He asked if we knew anything about geocaching because he wanted to do a show and interview geocachers!

Perhaps letters and phonecalls to some of the local radio stations around everyone's communities in BC would create more opportunities like this for geocachers to talk about what they do best and shed a good light on our sport/hobby.

I don't think we need to spend $700 to achieve our goals, but I do think we should explore booth-sharing if we decide to pursue this further.

Helen
(Statements made by me are not reflective of the opinions of Chris - the BCGA Director).
V-I-cacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A Geocaching Booth at Trade Shows Reply with quote

you can listen live thru their webpage cfax1070.com/

aside of that: maybe until then a trade-show coin could be issued by the Landsharkz, which then would be sold at the Booth to rescoop some money?
tjguy98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: A Geocaching Booth at Trade Shows Reply with quote

V-I-cacher wrote:

aside of that: maybe until then a trade-show coin could be issued by the Landsharkz, which then would be sold at the Booth to rescoop some money?

I missed the show....does any one have an audio clip of the interview?

landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: A Geocaching Booth at Trade Shows Reply with quote

tjguy98 wrote:
V-I-cacher wrote:

I missed the show....does any one have an audio clip of the interview?
I'm getting a CD of it this week I hope.
Helen
V-I-cacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: A Geocaching Booth at Trade Shows Reply with quote

i missed it too (...was at work...)
2Fidoes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: A Geocaching Booth at Trade Shows Reply with quote

I missed it too... unexpectedly in the dentist chair!!
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

Split this from another topic.

I had the oppurtunity to listen to the interview. A whole hour of geocaching!!! Yea. Chris and Trent did an excellent job and I loved that woman that called in to talk about her experiences being a muggle in a geocaching world.
V-I-cacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

what happened to the CD?
any MP3 that could be downloaded?
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

I have a CD here but it's 30 minutes of commericials, news and filler, and about 30 minutes of interview recorded in 5 minute snippets. I think it's in a couple of formats. We were able to play it through iTunes. Does anyone have the time, inclination and technology to make it into just 30 minutes or so of interview?
Helen
Icenrye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

I think I can come up with something. Send me the whole thing and I'll edit it. If you're interested, e-mail me and I'll set up an upload spot for you.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

You've got mail!
Icenrye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

http://www.icenrye.com/landsharkz.mp3
Cheers!
Shel.
Icenrye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

I've made a blog entry for the interview on my home page. Also if you don't mind, I can add an introduction and send it out over my rss feed to my subscribers.
Let me know.
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

Thanks Sheldon!
You've got more mail Wink
V-I-cacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

thats the thing, eh... when you do so much video-editing... chopping down an mp3-audio-track is not a big deal!
Great job, couldn't have done it better myself! (I've done some MP3-cutting and even mixing, but it's been a while...)

great interview; loved the caller!
but wasn't too keen on hearing about the "stolen caches"; not that it was talked about in a way, that it would entice ppl to do so, but... there could have been a better use for those minutes!
Maybe - and I know this was done before with several other media at other places and other times - the process of hiding a new cache could have been explored more, e.g. by placing a new CFAX-cache (I know the CFAX-building and it doesn't offer too many options, but one could have been hidden somewheres...)
But nevermind me and my ramblings, it was a really good segment;
especially the mention of how fun this is for kids and familys
(if anybody here is getting in an interview again: this also "works" with dogs, as they need to be taken for a walk anyways...)

Glad I finally got to hear it.

cheers
V-I-cacher
DocMagoo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: CFAX 1070 Radio Interview Reply with quote

Excellent job, Icenrye and the "Techno Guys"! Great timing too, as I'll be able to share this at the workshop for Alternate Educators tomorrow!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1