CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Do You Know Where Your Cache Is?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mountain Lion
Mountain Lion:  [?] . The Mountain Lion, also called puma and cougar, are found throughout British Columbia. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Do You Know Where Your Cache Is?
toplefttopfilltopright
Do You Know Where Your Cache Is?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Do You Know Where Your Cache Is? Reply with quote

I was prompted to write a story for BCGA's front page after checking on some of my caches. After the local storms there are a few of my caches that have gone missing. Wow. I've never had to get my act together and replace so many caches in one month. And I haven't even finished checking on all of them yet. Some of my caches cant even be accessed because the trails are closed off with parks board DO NOT CROSS yellow tape.

A few DNF's started me on this journey. And I'm just glad I don't have 100 caches all over the lower mainland to check out.

I was just curious if anyone else is having the same problem.
Half-Canadian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Know Where Your Cache Is? Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
I was prompted to write a story for BCGA's front page after checking on some of my caches. After the local storms there are a few of my caches that have gone missing...... I was just curious if anyone else is having the same problem.

Fortunately, parking lot light post covers seem to have weathered the storm well Wink (Just kidding....sort of Laughing )
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Do You Know Where Your Cache Is? Reply with quote

At least the floods didn't materialize. I was worried that hundreds of caches would start floating down the fraser river.
legacypac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Know Where Your Cache Is? Reply with quote

We lost a few caches in Chilliwack/Abbotsford that headed for Japan with the flooding. All my hides are just fine though.

Yup that floodplain looks really tempting for a cache, but just think about the reasons there is a dyke over there behind you, and no houses built over where you want to put that cache on the ground under the log.
dogbreathcanada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Do You Know Where Your Cache Is? Reply with quote

Unless we're faced with a Noah's Ark event, I think all my mountain top caches should be fine. Smile
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Do You Know Where Your Cache Is? Reply with quote

dogbreathcanada wrote:
Unless we're faced with a Noah's Ark event, I think all my mountain top caches should be fine. Smile

The next glacial event may be here in 10-20,000 years, then they'll be in trouble. Laughing

CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Do You Know Where Your Cache Is? Reply with quote

Well here we go again. I had to disable one of my caches by the Fraser as i started to get posts about the water level. i went and checked it out and watrer had crossed the trail just 10 feet from my cache. errie to see it that high. I was also down by the Vedder and saw a couple cache sites that are under water right now. Can anyone say swim to cache lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1