CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» The Orient Express Quest
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Legislative Buildings
Legislative Buildings:  [?] . 3,300 light bulbs outline the exterior of British Columbia's Parliament Buildings. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» The Orient Express Quest
toplefttopfilltopright
The Orient Express Quest
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

The Game is just about to start. Pretty sure some BC'ers won last round. www.thecachingplace.co...efault.asp

(I got the 12h case :P)
Love Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

All right, I got the 5 hour case. With all the caches that I have not done in the Abbotsford area I should be able to do OK.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

Thanx for the heads up!!!

I will save a couple of caches in the area in hopes they will work out

C2C2C

Groundhog and Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

We've been lucky so far as as of midnight tonight (Nov. 18) we were in #30 place! Top placing in Canada! Have done 2 of the requirements. (picked 6hr & 3 hr. suitcases and then did a "no deal". ) However, my luck is going to be wearing out soon as I don't have many caches in my area to find and even less that fit the requirements. Don't think we're going to have time to travel to the coast to do some caching either as my Mom's 75th birthday bash and of course Christmas is right around the corner. Oh well, we'll stick in there for awhile and will eventually finish the contest. Just enjoying this position in the meantime as we won't be this high for long!
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

I got a 26 hour bag now that sucks , Just what I need another reason to cache
Brain
Groundhog and Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

Congrats to cb sunflower from Tofino in this contest. They're now holding 6th place! Wow! Great participation from us BC cachers by the way! Not many from other provinces yet.
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

Had a great day caching for ORIENT EXPRESS QUEST'S today think we got 8 done got home to log and the first suitcase I picked was 36 hour , oh well might as well get it out of the way hows everyone else doing
Brain
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

4 minutes until I can log cache # 2. Great fun!
landsharkz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

Not a FTF story... an Orient Express Quest adventure story...
We decided to get our 'music' cache today for the Orient Express Quest and headed for a final of a music themed multi cache on Mt. Doug. The snow was gently falling as we left home with the dog, we got ourselves an Illy coffee and some breakfast en route... so far so good. On the way up Mt. Doug the snow started to get a little heavier, but we continued on, enjoying the quiet in our winter wonderland and taking lots of photos. We met some die-hard runners and one other group with dogs, but all-in-all Mt. Doug was pretty quiet today. The snow was getting mighty deep and we were in a blowing white-out on the open top of Little Mt. Doug trying to find the trails to get into the shelter of the forest. After finding the cache, (orange flagging tape stood out pretty good against the white branch!), we headed for Highwire, a Team cache deeper in the woods. As we were getting closer to our destination we began to hear branches cracking, snapping and falling to the ground. The weight of the new snow was helping nature do some signiicant pruning! Soon we were in a symphony of branches falling around us and then we heard a tree crack Shocked . We quickly used the hint to find the cache, left a sticker and tried to sign the logbook without soaking everything in the cache, decided to curtail our caching day and made haste back to the car. Our route was now littered with branches, more were snapping around us, we heard another tree crack Shocked and were very relieved to get back to Blenkinsop in one piece where we'd left the Jeep.

No sooner than we popped out of the trail than a black car spun out of control and slammed into a power pole across from our truck! The airbags deployed but the driver was able to extricate himself from the vehicle ok. His teenage son in the passenger side, (the side that hit the pole), was unable to get out his door and was in a great deal of pain. I phoned 911 while Chris did a survey of the damage to the electrical pole, the car and the boy's situation. The police were en route, when the pole began to teeter on it's remaining fragments. After loading the boy into our vehicle to keep him dry, Chris moved it forward to be out of the line of the pole. The police arrived and we offered to take the occupants to the hospital, but the officer said 'liability issues, etc' and that they had to wait for the ambulance which he'd radioed for (along with BC Hydro). He asked us to keep the Dad and boy dry and warm in our vehicle while we waited for the ambulance. 20 minutes went by and the police officer came over and asked if we'd be willing to try to get them to the hospital because it was going to take up to 2 hours to get an ambulance on the scene partly because of a lot of accident calls and because the main roads to VGH were plugged up. He took our details and off we went, following first the main roads until we got near VGH and encountered a bus in the ditch and traffic being turned back. This was our home turf though, we were almost outside our door at this point. We turned back and headed for the country roads (Hastings to Granville to Burnside and Watkiss) and went the back route into VGH. When we arrived an ambulance crew that had just handed off a trauma patient took our passenger into the hospital relieving us to go home.
I haven't logged our caches this morning yet; anything I post seems kinda lame after all this.
Nice hide, cache was in dry and in good shape (until we lifted the lid!), T: pretty bauble, left a toy, TFTH, just doesn't seem to cut it.
We'll post some pictures.... 'cause I think we re-earned our signature line this morning Laughing
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

Wow - Scary stuff! Glad you are safe! Between your adventure and Forest Dragon's I think I'll avoid the woods for a few days.
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Orient Express Quest Reply with quote

Good job Landsharkz. I saw the picture later that night when Chris arrived in New West. See caching isn't just about the numbers, FTFs or icon.

Page 1 of 1