CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» A Muggled Geocache?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Orca Whales
Orca Whales:  [?] . The killer whale is the largest dolphin. Seen from Southern Vancouver Island up to Alaska. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» A Muggled Geocache?
toplefttopfilltopright
A Muggled Geocache?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: A Muggled Geocache? Reply with quote

I saw this post on the Sea Kyacker Magazine website. Does this sound like a geocache (or part of a multi) anyone has found. Just wondering.

Have you ever encountered something truly unusual when out kayaking? I have set out now for more years than I care to say and have seen much. Most has been in the way of wildlife, other paddlers as crazy as myself, even a pair of undershorts hanging from a tree that no normal person could reach. I paddled for some days just off Vancouver Island mid summer and found a little package that is most unusual. I set it aside until now and have sat here checking it out while surfing here and there. It is jagged little stone that is painted on one side and has DSD '05 on the flip side. The design on it is of a mountain and a lake.

It was stuffed inside a small booklet that is called An Adventure Muse. This is done up nicely and has extensive quotations from all the big name adventure types.
It was left in small plastic bags and stuffed into a crevice of some large driftwood. I've become quite fond of it. Better than spotting someone's old shorts.

Their website is here: www.seakayakermag.com/...8&Main=193
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A Muggled Geocache? Reply with quote

Sounds like the person only took a "Summit Stone" by a DSD and left the cache. And An Adventure Muse"" aint a geocaches name so...

But now you've got me interested in this Summit Stone which are apparently found all over the place.
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: A Muggled Geocache? Reply with quote

this got me curious... So a googleing I did go.

I found this on "Lynn Hill Blogs"
Hi Lynn,
I’ve enjoyed looking over this blog.
Also wanted to let you know that a few of your quotes are part of the “Adventure Muse”.
Thanks for sharing about your adventures.
DSD
“Summit Stones By DSD”; “Summit Stones & Adventure Musings By DSD” Blogger.com

Then I found this on a Kayak forum

Hey everyone! Has anyone ever found a "Summit Stone" by DSD??!
I found one of these little painted rocks last year in the Broken Group Islands and just recently found another near Surge Narrows off Quadra Island.
There is a booklet of quotes with these stones called "An Adventure Muse".It is full of quotes on the outdoors, paddling, climbing, etc. The one in the BGI was on Dempster Island and was under some rocks up on some dirftwood. The one off Quadra was on a landing we did north of Surge Narrows. They are a unique find! Anyone else heard of or seen these??
Thanks,
Morgan

It Seems that he posts his "Muses" on many kayak forums... I'd like to meet him someday or at least find a summit stone

C2C2C
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1