CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» FTF problem?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Peach Arch
Peach Arch:  [?] . Erected in 1921 along the world's longest undefended border, the International Peace Arch is the first monument ever built in dedication of World peace. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» FTF problem?
toplefttopfilltopright
FTF problem?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: FTF problem? Reply with quote

Ok So I get home have dinner get ready to relax and Pinky says "did you know no one has got that Mission Mission cache" so I think Missions not that far and I'm sure RUSH hour won't be that bad" its only 5:00 pm I live in New West- great night for a drive and cache. Home to cache 42 Kilometers, My problem needs help I have 2 ideas:
- Could everyone place caches closer to my house
- Caches, no matter what should be found within 24 hours by someone living closer than 40
Kilometers away
Ok do you think I have a FTF problem?

Brain
landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

Not a problem at all, sounds perfectly reasonable.
I recall one stormy Saturday night last winter around midnight (your typical dark and stormy winter night in Victoria), a new TEAM cache came up. We were all ready for bed in our housecoats and had just walked into the den to turn off the computer and check that the doors were locked. We smiled at each other (no, not that smile Wink ), went upstairs got dressed, grabbed our raingear, headlamps, the dog (from her bed) and took off out. I don't think we even discussed it until we were on the way home with the FTF prize in our pocket and a soppy doggy in the back! Mind you it was only about 12km away...but we would have gone to Swartz Bay or Sooke if necessary. Mrs. LS
Half-Canadian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

LOL...

I remember my first FTF, a few months after I started caching. It was an early Sunday morning, and I was getting ready to get dressed and gather up the things I needed to conduct the service at our church in Surrey -- I was in the middle of an elected term as a sort of lay minister for our congregation.

After printing a copy of my notes for the church service, I happened to check my email and discovered a new, unfound cache in Bellingham. Throwing responsibility to the winds, I phoned and arranged for a substitute to take care of my sudden "illness", rushed down across the border and an hour or so later, completed a fun multi and scored my first FTF. Fortunately, no one at church ever found out the real reason for my absence Cool
Catapult Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

Twice now it has been Friday night after 9:30 PM, I checked email and a new cache was up. We grabbed our flashlights and out we went. The first one was an easy local park, the other was East Tynehead. Now that one was hard in the dark. There were no geotrails yet. If anyone has done that one they know how difficult that one came be. That all said it was still the best night cache we have done.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

Remember all that rain that flooded the lower Mainland? I do as I was out in Pacific Spirit Park from 9-11pm looking for a MICRO, a regular and one that was missing.
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

msthebrain and pinky wrote:
Ok So I get home have dinner get ready to relax and Pinky says "did you know no one has got that Mission Mission cache" so I think Missions not that far and I'm sure RUSH hour won't be that bad" its only 5:00 pm I live in New West- great night for a drive and cache. Home to cache 42 Kilometers, My problem needs help I have 2 ideas:
- Could everyone place caches closer to my house
- Caches, no matter what should be found within 24 hours by someone living closer than 40
Kilometers away
Ok do you think I have a FTF problem?

Brain
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6a0761db-075f-4397-b2a8-6729bc2a29fd
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

I have no FTF problem. Nope. I am a rock. A rock I tell you A ROCK! I just happen to be up at 4:30 in the morning. Sometimes I just feel like taking a 48k drive in a monsoon to Langley. The rain sooths me. Yep yep yep yep yep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

However, I have passed so many people early in the morning mist hunting in the bush with hands shaking from FTF withdrawl. I wont say who these people are. It wouldn't be fair, but I suggest a support group is needed for those poor addicted cachers.
Team K1W1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

I used to tell people that Anne & I were "avid" geocachers - until I met M.S. TheBrain & Pinky and Scruff (and the rest of you). Now I just tell people we occasionally geocache

Steve
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

I've been know to do STUPID things for a FTF...This one ranks right up there...Here is my log for "GeoScavenger Hunt #5: C2C2C"
September 18, 2005 by coast2coast2coast (788 found)
All we can say is heaven help us if Geo Scavenger were to make a 4 ½ star or even worse, a 5 star cache. Well to say this was a most interesting cache would be the understatement of the year!!!
We will share the FTF with the GPO’s
I can only imagine the hours of work and miles of driving that went into this cache…We learnt so much from this I wouldn’t know where to start…We started this Saturday around 1 pm…We did not know that GPO was working on it at the same time…GPO could not spend more then 2 days on this one for personal reasons and likewise for C2C2C. So we decided to help each other out…When we finally got together we were down to # 4 and #8…(This was at 12:30 on Sunday morning)…We had to drive a little ways to get number 4 and had to use our heads once we got there…We found it at about 0130…Then we figured out we knew where #8 was… we got to within 600 meters and a bunny jumped out in front of us and sat there staring at us…We would move ahead a little and the Bunny would move ahead a little but stayed in the middle of the road… We did this for about 10 minutes and Mrs. GPO jumped out of the car and tried to scoot it off the road…This didn’t work either…LOL finally the bunny hoped off the road and Mr. C2C2C looked out of the truck and there was # 8…This was at 0200 am. We did the final calculation and off we went. At the location things did not look promising. After looking for ½ hour we thought we had done something wrong. Then the cell phone rang at 3 am, it was Rugrat wondering where in the heck her parents and GPO were at this horrendous hour. We all looked at each other and decided to call it a night and regroup in the am. After discovering a math error in the final calculation, we set off again early Sunday mid morning arriving at the cords, we found the flagging tape on a little tree in the middle of a huge new subdivision. We contacted the cache owner who sent a photo of the flagging tape( it was very obvious that it was the same tape). We volunteered our services to the owner and relocated a cache already to go by GPO. We did take some pictures of the old site to show the after pictures of the development that is going on. We honestly believe that the cache owner saved that one little tree by placing the flagging tape on a branch. Thanks for a very interesting, educational and well thought out cache. This has to be an excellent cache because Mrs. C2C2C never stays up after 10 O’clock at night.
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

It sounds like a few cachers are in denial. I on the other hand have never left for work early to pick up a cache, nor used my lunch break for geocaching activities, nor stopped on the way home, nor took a "little" break from work during the day, nor took the little one out for a walk because I'm sure he can't sit still through a church service, no I don't have a problem except for the fact I don't make enough excuses to go geocaching more often. Crying or Very sad

landsharkz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

SSS.... you need to go to the store for milk (or eggs?) early on Saturday or Sunday morning Wink but the neighbourhood store was 'out', 'closed', 'being renovated'... Wink
coast2coast2coast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

Or your getting dressed for church and turn on the 'puter..."Hey hun there is a new cache only 2 kms from the church"... so we get dressed in our best bid and tucker to go to church... Stop off to get the FTF and noticed our pants were muddy from the trail and there was no time to go home, get changed and go to church... That morning we went to the "Church Of The Patron Saint Of Coffee" Tim Hortons... Moral of the story? Because of FTF's I am going straight to you know where!!! Embarassed Twisted Evil

msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

Wow what a great weekend so many new caches came out, which way to go?
Managed to snag 3 more FTF's this weekend [ not that I'm counting ].Thanks
for placing these caches keep placing them so I can keep finding them.
Brain
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

I was ready to go out and find those FTFs in Stanley park but I was distracted. I bet M.S. thebrain & Pinky know I get easily distracted by shiny things and, well, I smell a conspiracy. Yep, they must have planted the lavaliers on my doorstep so they could find the caches first. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Maybe we should have a law that only black and white woodland animals are allowed FTFs. **snarfle**
GrinderG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

How about camping with the family in a campground in Drummheller Alberta, and just after dinner time, turn on the computer to check emails and see about local caches, and see that there is a new one that no one has logged yet. Casually tell the wife that we should go for "a quick drive"as it is only 5 miles to the cache. So we go and search and get eaten by mosquitos for 20 to 30 minutes and finally the Mrs finds the "nano"cache, so we unrolled the log book to find no signatures. YAHOO FTF both of us happy, happy, happy. Drive back to the campsite, go to GC.com to log the find and someone else had logged the FTF has being a couple of days earlier. AARRGGHH.

msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

Does mtn-man not know that its snowing here , does he not know how much I wanted to just hang around inside to day, No theres more FTF out there Whats my therapist # I can here them calling to me "please release me, come and get it"With all the snow out there it sure makes this easier cachers don't like the SNOW I am CRAZY but having fun
Half-Canadian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: FTF problem? Reply with quote

msthebrain and pinky wrote:
Does mtn-man not know that its snowing here , does he not know how much I wanted to just hang around inside to day, No theres more FTF out there Whats my therapist # I can here them calling to me "please release me, come and get it"With all the snow out there it sure makes this easier cachers don't like the SNOW I am CRAZY but having fun

You are crazy! Two of those FTF's today were in my backyard, in fact I tried walking to one of them and finally gave up when I fell down a couple of times, but you wanted them worse than I did! You win the FTF Nuts award Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1