CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs!)
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Inukshuk - Whistler
Inukshuk - Whistler:  [?] . Maybe the best skiing in N. America, and lots of caches too! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs!)
toplefttopfilltopright
Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs!)
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocMagoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs!) Reply with quote

I had no idea how fun it was to cache with a canine companion along for the hunt until we took "Sage", our Caching Cairn (Terrier) out with us. She's now 10 months and while she generally isn't a cache hunting expert, she loves romping down the trail with us. If I was to describe her, she's "earthy, spirited and jaunty".

This thread was started so that those who cache with a "fur kid" can share a pic or two of their cachin' companions. Post away!

Sage with Geo_Jakers

Sage at Ebey Bluffs

Agility on a log

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Great photo's of Sage, Doc. Oh and Jake too. I think in your case Sage is a dog not a furkid, lucky her. We'll have to have a detailed talk about teaching her to sniff out the tupperware. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

MsChief-Gps_y wrote:
We'll have to have a detailed talk about teaching her to sniff out the tupperware. Wink

We're not really pushing it, but sure are enjoying the added companionship in the woods. How about you MsChief? Any new caching companions come your way lately?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

DocMagoo wrote:
We're not really pushing it, but sure are enjoying the added companionship in the woods. How about you MsChief? Any new caching companions come your way lately?
Lately she has mentioned something about some animal with a snout in her logs.. But I suspect I know who she is talking about! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Ah well Doc, that's what I do. Take furkids and turn them into dogs. Wink And oh yes, some interesting companions have been here. lol Never dull. Never too late to start Sage focusing on that plastic...

Yesterday I had none of my ususal companions... a rare day. Instead I spent some of the day with a pig. Pigs are highly intelligent and this one is probably Exclamation the smartest ever. We went out hunting truffles, er, trifles, in the woods and darned if it didn't bring home the bacon, er trifle. (pardon the cannabilistic metaphor)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Here's a picture of my golden retriever Scooter as we took a break at the top of the hill after a big hike --

We were both pooped from the climb --

landsharkz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Tieka the Canine Landshark is almost always on the cache trail with us. We only leave her at home if we're heading downtown to sidewalk caches. She's getting to know a lot of the folk around town and some of them greet her by name when they meet her on the trail!

This picture was taken near GCQXTW one of our caches here in Victoria.
Tieka says 'woof' to her friend Scooter!
DocMagoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Great pics of your caching canines, folks! Keep 'em coming! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Half-Canadian wrote:
Here's a picture of my golden retriever Scooter as we took a break at the top of the hill after a big hike --

Hey, there, 1/2....

last time i saw your mutt, Scooter was looking out the back of your truck on a backroad by a river in Oregon Shocked ...

or was it at one of the On The Run series, also in Oregon, later that same day Rolling Eyes ?

or was it at that graveyard on top of that hill in Oregon still later that very same day Rolling Eyes :roll: ???

Wasn't that fun??? i have to go all the way Oregon to meet you!!!
South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Here a travel bug had a run in with "Mercedes". She hasn't been geocaching much recently as her tummy can't take all the plastic. Laughing

Half-Canadian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

xTerraCacher wrote:
Half-Canadian wrote:

Hey, there, 1/2....

last time i saw your mutt, Scooter was looking out the back of your truck on a backroad by a river in Oregon Shocked ...

or was it at one of the On The Run series, also in Oregon, later that same day Rolling Eyes ?

or was it at that graveyard on top of that hill in Oregon still later that very same day Rolling Eyes :roll: ???

Wasn't that fun??? i have to go all the way Oregon to meet you!!!

Pot calling the kettle black Question

I was at the Meet and Greet event in Saanich and who wasn't there Razz
msthebrain and pinky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cachin' Companions (a thread literally GONE to the dogs! Reply with quote

Here is one of our Geo dogs. She is in FTF training.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1