CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions)
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Inukshuk - Whistler
Inukshuk - Whistler:  [?] . Maybe the best skiing in N. America, and lots of caches too! [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Fraser Valley —» Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions)
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocMagoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

FTF the Fraser Valley forum! (If possible can we get this thread "stickied"?)

Anyways, I'm DocMagoo. I first got interested in geocaching when I saw some information in someone's blog in June 2003. I started on July 4, 2003 and while I sometimes gain and lose enthusiasm in cache finds, I still enjoy this recreational activity/sport/hobby. I've been a "paying member" and I guess "charter member" of the BCGA since it's inception. I currently have a Garmin GPSMap60 and started geocaching with a Garmin GPS 12. Lately I've enjoyed caching on the Oregon coastline and was treated to some spectacular views. I hope to meet many of you on the trail! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Hi everyone. It is nice to see the forums back up. Well we are the Love Bugs from Abbotsford. We started caching in July 2004. We have made alot of new friends caching the past few years. Some of my best times have been going on mini cache blitz's with other cachers. We have to travel a couple of times a year for our buisness so we always go caching to find the out of the way spots most tourists don't get to see. I look forward to meeting more cachers on the trail.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Greetings, Koakai here. Alas, I am a relatively new cacher with less then a year's experiance under my belt, all because I was too -silly- to take up this hobby when initially prompted! While I only got a GPSr for Christmas ( and promptly went and worked my way through another two to find my current choice), my brother in law was caching back in 2001! Sheesh, you'd think he could have invited me out for a cache or something. Wink

I'm presently caching up a storm out in Abbotsford, and have bene known to drift towards the 'wack on my day's off, much prefering the traffic out that way to that to the west. So far I greatly enjoy caching, and have no intentions to stop anytime soon.

And on a slightly related to caching note, I have a tendancy to leave enameled FTF tokens in my caches. Of course, I should just mail then straight to grafinator! Smile
Chillibusher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Hey all cache addicts,

I'm Chillibusher (Chilli) and I live in Chilliwack. I have been caching for a couple of years and have met many great people through the activity. I use a Magellan......ya, ya, I know....... Looking forward to many more mini cache blitzes with good friends. Can't wait to get down and do that tunnel cache in Washington.

Great to have the forums back up and running. Hope to see lots of people out there on the trails.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Bonjour All,

I go by the handle grafinator. I started geocaching Dec. 2005. I learned about geocaching from my mom who heard about it from Code3man at search and rescue. I got a GPSr for christmas last year and 2 days later found my first geocache. My addiction quickly grew and now I would much rather go geocaching than do pretty much anything else. The best thing about geocaching for me is finding all these new locations I never would have known about if it wasn't for geocaching. I also enjoy attending events and meeting other geocachers.

See you on the trails.
lornix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Hi All, The name is Lorne and I am known as Lornix on most forums I haunt. I'm from Surrey and new to Geocaching. I prefer natural settings for caching and plan on placing some caches in my favorite wheeling haunts when I get a better feel for how to do a hide correctly, and once I understand the rating system a bit better.

So far I am really loving this pastime / sport / game or whatever it is and I look forward to getting out there and finding more ... especially those ones up W. Harrison and other more back country locations.

Hope to meet some of you out there.

Cheers,

Lorne
5KingCachers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Welcome Lorne,

Enjoy your new adventure as I know you will. Don't forget to attend a Geocaching Event to talk to other cachers and learn some tricks of the trade.

Happy Caching
5KingCachers
Crown Crown Crown Crown Crown
90percentAngel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

[i]Hi fellow cachers, Im a relative 'newbie' and found my first cache in Chilliwack in late summer then headed of to the Land Down Under. I introduced my daughter to geo-caching there and off we went~ Neither of us had a GPS but we did quite well nevertheless and had a blast finding caches all the way up the Coast of Queensland as close to the Daintree Jungle where we camped. After returning I introduced a friend and my sister and got them hooked too. I finally got myself a GPS for Christmas and get out any chance I can. My friend and I are planning on going to Geo-Woodstock then off to Alaska on a Geo-Cruise~ We just booked it yesterday and are really excited about it. My work can be stressful and time consumeing and I've found Geo-caching to be a wonderful stress reliever. Besides that I LOVE photography and finding caches that take us to beautiful places. I've lived in the Valley most of my life and am amazed by the spectacular scenic areas I never even knew were there~ My 'number' of caches isn't very high but Im hoping to reach 3-400 by years end and hopefully place a few also. Im really thrilled to find this enjoyable and healthy addiction~ Happy Caching everyone~
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Welcome to the BCGA, 90%Angel!

I did some geocaching on my cruise to Alaska in August 2008 and it was probably a better tour guide than a real tour guide would have been (and FREE!). It took me to some amazing and interesting places in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. I hope you have a blast when you are there!

-Ted
90percentAngel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Thanks Teddy2K, I expect we will. The fella hosting it is doing a lot of pre planning connections in each port. I was under the impression however that these ships going around the time of Geo-Woodstock are the first Geo-Journey Cruises advertised as such. Did you cache on your own? or was there a group of you just decided to go caching? Anyhow, thanks for the welcome and Im sure we'll meet up along the trails or at an event soon~
Teddy2k

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

I went off and did my own caching with my girlfriend... it wasn't a geo-cruise. It was still a blast though... I highly recommend taking the Mt. Roberts Tram in Juneau... awesome views! It's not free, but definitely worth it.

www.goldbelttours.com/...ts-tramway
IHCC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

IHCC from surrey here,How my story goes is my uncle from germany
had come over to celebrate new years & hang out a couple weeks
after & had mentioned that his friend back home is into geocaching,
& his friend gave my uncle a few cache location coordinates printed
out via google maps.To my surprise the locations were just behind
my backyard (within 5 minutes!).We went & had a peek,I really
thought that was very interesting/fun so I just had to join.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

IHCC wrote:
IHCC from surrey here,How my story goes is my uncle from germany
had come over to celebrate new years & hang out a couple weeks
after & had mentioned that his friend back home is into geocaching,
& his friend gave my uncle a few cache location coordinates printed
out via google maps.To my surprise the locations were just behind
my backyard (within 5 minutes!).We went & had a peek,I really
thought that was very interesting/fun so I just had to join.

Goods for you welcome but I caution you this sport is highly addictive LOL.
AprilMay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Greetings, I just moved out to BC with my husband in September and we have been doing a bit of caching in the Langley area so far. We started caching last summer and fell in love with the sport. We cache together as Bat+April and when I cache alone i'm just AprilMayWhat.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

AprilMay wrote:
Greetings, I just moved out to BC with my husband in September and we have been doing a bit of caching in the Langley area so far. We started caching last summer and fell in love with the sport. We cache together as Bat+April and when I cache alone i'm just AprilMayWhat.

Welcome to BC and the BCGA site.
Nic+Nate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Hi everyone, Nic and Nate here. Our friends got us into geocaching a few years ago and we love it! The best part is finding great new trails to hike with our geo-dogs. We started out with just an iPhone but found it was too unreliable and ate up a lot of data, so we bought a friend's almost-new Magellan and it's been great so far.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Welcome to the BCGA

CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Great to hear. See you on the trails.
Magicman65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Welcome Nic and Nate!!! If you ever get out caching on the island, let me know. Also check out the Mega event here in July:
www.island-spirit.ca/

Chris Yuill
Magicman65
BCGA VP

Rozen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'm Rozen, found out about this not too long ago and recently just started geocaching and I'm also doing research in this area, particularly geocaching in Second Life.
If you happen to also geocache in Second Life as well as the Real World, I would love to get some feedback and comments for my research. I look forward to meeting you all Very Happy
LANMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

Good evening - this conversation doesn't seem too active, but I'll throw our virtual hat in next anyhow.

The Mrs. & I cache under the nickname of LANMonkey. We started caching in Aug 2012, and just hit our 700th cache this past weekend. We love the hobby as we are lifelong outdoor enthusiasts already, and this is just another fun tweak to that lifestyle.

We've started blogging and posting vid's on YouTube under our nickname of LANMonkey if you're interested in learning more about what we're up to. We look forward to meeting other cachers on the trails or at upcoming events.

Cache safely, and cache often!
tjguy98

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraser Valley shoutouts! (introductions) Reply with quote

LANMonkey wrote:
Good evening - this conversation doesn't seem too active, but I'll throw our virtual hat in next anyhow.

The Mrs. & I cache under the nickname of LANMonkey. We started caching in Aug 2012, and just hit our 700th cache this past weekend. We love the hobby as we are lifelong outdoor enthusiasts already, and this is just another fun tweak to that lifestyle.

We've started blogging and posting vid's on YouTube under our nickname of LANMonkey if you're interested in learning more about what we're up to. We look forward to meeting other cachers on the trails or at upcoming events.

Cache safely, and cache often!
A little belated but welcome to the secret world of caching. Had a quick peek at one of your videos and you did a good job - look forward to checking out your blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Fraser Valley
Page 1 of 1