CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Lower Mainland Shoutouts
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Temperate Coastal Rain Forest
Temperate Coastal Rain Forest :  [?] . West Coast Trail [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Lower Mainland Shoutouts
toplefttopfilltopright
Lower Mainland Shoutouts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Circle of Confusion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

Exclamation Edit: Ooops, I see now that there is a separate Lower Mainland forum... Embarassed
STF

This is Circle of Confusion. I live in the lower mainland, and have already meet some fellow cachers already. I got my first GPS for Christmas in 2004, and found out about Geocaching while searching online for fun things to do with it. I have been caching off and on ever since, as I balance it with other things in my life.

I have a Garmin Rino 120. This past summer I had the chance to go caching in Newfoundland, and introduce a couple others into the hobby. I find geocaching a great way to be introduced to places I normally would not get a chance to see. It is a good fun hobby to have.

Take care,
Circle of Confusion
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

I cache under the name tjguy98 and I've been caching since Jan 2005.

I was _very good_ Very Happy in 2004 so Santa brought me a Magellan Meridain Gold as a reward. It was presented to me to use mostly for 4X4'ng, as some of you may have guessed I have a Jeep TJ and spend a lot of time exploring the Forest Service Roads in South West BC.

I was introduced to geocaching on a tour of an old ghost town area hosted by the PNW Back Road Drivers. Once I had my Merigold in hand I signed up at GC.com and went wild from there.

I cache as often as I can, how ever work as a Tekkie and work around the house doesn't always leave much free time.
I have enjoyed meeting other cachers at the various functions and on the trails, and I hope these boards have a good run to help grow the sport and unite cachers in BC

" Cache On!"
QuigleyJones

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

My name is QuigleyJones, I'm in the lower mainland, and do most of my caching here.
I dug out my papas old eTrex yellow and started caching with hollyburn in Jan 05 (seems to be a trend here).
And I was very good Very Happy in 2005 (I think) so "Santa" brought me a Garmin GPSMAP 60C as a reward. (though, through Santa not being the most scrupulous type, I was able to trade it in for a 60CSx)
Currently going to Langara studying the GEO's (how suitable), and also am a Scout Leader and Tall Ship Sailor.

South Surrey Scavengers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

I would be South Surrey Scavengers (aka SouthSurreyScavengers). I live in ... South Surrey. Joined BCGA Oct 28, 2004 so my profile says. Started geocaching about April 2004 with the first find being Redwood Reading room located in South Surrey. Using a Garmin GPS III which I've had since about 1997.

V-I-cacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

geee... it's all in the numbers, eh?

Apparently I'm in this group here since 18 Nov 2004 (hey, soon a whole 2 yrs!)

I started caching earlier in 2004 after having heard about it thru my brother,
who uses his GPSr on a professional level in his profession as hot-air-balloon pilot.

Oddly, I ended up finding a cache even earlier then him!
For this purpose I dropped $100 at the local London Drugs for a running out model of a Lawrence iFinder (not after first having tried to find one simply thru the pin on the map).

In the lower mainland I started caching, after the job-market forced me to leave the Island in March 2005.

I'm very much an opportunity-cacher and thus will cache when I get an opportunity.
Very helpful in this approach to caching is my new unit: my cell-phone!
With it, whenever I leave out of the door, comes not only my integrated GPSr, Video-iPod and Camera, but also the integrated PDA with CacheMate and plentyful of caches in the database.

enuff babble...
queensborrowers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

We are Queens Borrowers, formerly known as Team Muppet.
We were a group of six, but two of the members left at the end of our relationship, so now we are the Queens Borrowers, living in, you guessed it... Queensborough!

We've been caching since January 2006, and are actively involved in the caching community. We use a Garmin eTrex Legend, with the hopes of upgrading in the near future.

Just recently joined, we plan on following the BCGA closely, and hopefully lending a hand when needed.

Cheers to all Lower Mainland cachers!
mamid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

Mamid and the Pennies from Heaven which includes but is not limited to: my other half, our son (4) who is the Master of Disaster, our 2yo daughter the Mistress of Mayhem and our four month old daugther, nicknamed CutiePie by Agassiz Angel. Or rather the old penny, the dirty penny, the new penny and the last penny so you're never broke. I have an uncanny habit of finding pennies, or more, whenever I'm out, not just out geocaching.

Others in our group include my girlfriend and her son who is also 4. The boys love being together. I introduced her to the hunt of the cache and she keeps on calling me up to go out caching. It then becomes a fight as to who gets the Garmin. Then there's my other girlfriend Arianwhen who can't find a cache on her own and always begs me to go with her. One cache she tried to find practically daily for 2 weeks and I found it on my second visit. Micros have become her bane. When she found out I had found it, she described me in glowing terms. Twisted Evil
legacypac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

Legacypac & Co here. Co is my lovely wife plus whoever else gets suckered into hunting with me. Co is from Malaysia, and I do business in China so we now have hides in 3 countries. We enjoy traveling as well so we now have finds in 12 countries. As our profile says "We put the Global in GPS".

We were introduced to geocaching in September 06 by our friends Onion and Tuni from Spokane. We rushed out, acqured one and then another twin Garmen, and never looked back. We founded the BC Spirit Quest series which spans from the Sunshine Coast to Spences Bridge so far. We also have a signature series of CC&C caches where the word cache is paired with two other C words. We are also launching "I've Been Everywhere - BC's Hardest Cache" which will provide a real challenge to hardcore cachers.

In real life I am a real estate developer (which explains some of our logs like "Someone forgot to develop this piece of land" and "nice industrial park here" and NO I'm not being sarcastic I really mean it). Co is a lawyer and my partner in crime extrodinare.

I'm looking forward to getting involved in the BCGA and hopefully using my day job experience in dealing with government to further the sport in BC.
WhistlerGeo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

Wow, so many interesting stories and backgrounds. Mine may not be as exciting, but have been geocaching for a couple of years, originally in Ontario.

My geocaching name is 'WhistlerGeo' and I own and operate Whistler Geocaching Adventures. I assure you, your cache secrets are safe with me as I plant private caches for all my business clients. It is then up to them if they decide to pursue the hobby or not. My home base is obviously in Whistler, BC but I love to explore outside of this region and geocaching is a great way to do so.

I will be hosting a number of events on an annual basis and you are all more than welcome to attend.

queensborrowers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Mainland Shoutouts Reply with quote

queensborrowers wrote:
We are Queens Borrowers, formerly known as Team Muppet.
We were a group of six, but two of the members left at the end of our relationship, so now we are the Queens Borrowers, living in, you guessed it... Queensborough!

We've been caching since January 2006, and are actively involved in the caching community. We use a Garmin eTrex Legend, with the hopes of upgrading in the near future.

Just recently joined, we plan on following the BCGA closely, and hopefully lending a hand when needed.

Cheers to all Lower Mainland cachers!

Update:

Now living in New Westminster, just up the hill from our old address
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1