CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» Introducing the Summe of Excellence!
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
K'san
K'san:  [?] . K'san, located on the site of the ancient village, celebrates the culture of the Gitanmaax Nation. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» Introducing the Summe of Excellence!
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Introducing the Summe of Excellence!
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
katcogo

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

Introducing the Summer of Excellence
A creative cache is a gift from its creator to every geocacher who finds it. Whether it is a unique container, a well crafted cache page and/or puzzle, or an incredible location, these caches are pure pleasure to find. Caches that include all three are extra special.

Geocachers around the world were inspired by the recent Maker Madness events which challenged us to exercise our creativity to make awe inspiring caches for people to find.
We want to celebrate these creative caches and the geocachers who place them.

The unofficial start of summer is the May long weekend, and the unofficial end of summer is Labour Day so this is when the contest runs. There will be a small launch in Cumberland on May 18th as part of the BCGA AGM weekend

Details
? Caches can be placed but may not be published before May 18, 2014
? To be eligible caches must be published by August 4th, 2014
? There are no categories – we are simply looking for the best of the best
? Voting will run from May 18, 2014 to September 1, 2014 at midnight.

How To Place an Excellent Cache
We will leave that to you! To create a cache to be considered for voting get your creative juices flowing.
? Caches may be placed in anywhere in the province of BC
? On your cache page title your cache B14:[name of your cache] eg B14: Cats & Dogs
? Place the voting banner at the bottom of your cache page and indicate the gc code and the region where the cache is placed (you will need to enable html on your cache page)
? Any caches that violate Groundspeak guidelines for cache placement will be disqualified
? For complete "how to" instructions click HERE and information HERE

Voting & Prizes
Encourage people finding your cache to vote for it on the BC Geocaching Association website. The voting banner on your cache page will link directly to your cache’s voting area. Favourite points do not count as they are only available to premium members.
? Prizes will be awarded to the caches with the highest votes in each region.
? The number of prizes for each region will depend on the number of geocachers
  full article.
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

Looks like fun. I think I published a series a bit early **lol** But that's OK. We all have time to think up some fun hides. Time to get my blitz on. Woo Hoo.
Adam Willson

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

Heads up that the contest is now live, but ability to vote has not yet been enabled, and leads cachers to a dead page.
katcogo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

The voting will be up shortly, please bear with us.
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

Had a chuckle this morning when I noticed what was probably a typo in the title of this discussion, but I realized in its own way it succinctly captures the spirit of this year's Blitz theme. By leaving the "r" off Summer, we end up with Summe, which is German for Sum, which fits very nicely with the notion that we should strive to achieve the Sum of Excellence with each cache we place!

I also chuckled at Adam's eagerness. It's great to see new cachers who are so passionate and are having so much fun with this "little" pastime.

Scruffster, over the winter I tried to develop a thicker skin to fend off your taunts and barbs. I hope I get a chance to put it to the test soon!
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

You're not alone, Highlander. It's equal opportunity taunting. Everyone knows I'm only one lab accident away from becoming a super villain. Well, I've thought up an evil hide or two but we'll see if I have the means to develop them. Are we allowed to spill blood without the use of brambles???
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summer of Excellence! Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, voting is now live - go and get them!
Adam Willson

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

Thanks katcogo Smile
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

It seems that the semi automatic system of getting caches into the voting system is operating slower than previously. We expect that caches should be in the voting system within 24 hours of publication but that seems to depend on the time of day that the cache was published. So if your cache does not show up immediately, please have patience.

Thanks for putting out so many caches! Looking forward to finding them.
Ringrat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

Has voting closed? When I click on voting links, I'm getting messages that it is, but I thought voting was supposed to be open until Sept 1...
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing the Summe of Excellence! Reply with quote

You are correct, voting runs until Sept 1. We are working on it, please check back later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1