CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Tales of the Golden Skunk
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Mountain Goat
Mountain Goat:  [?] . The mountain goat lives in rocky mountainous areas above the timberline throughout parts of North America. British Columbia's population is by far the largest at approximately 100,000. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Tales of the Golden Skunk
toplefttopfilltopright
Tales of the Golden Skunk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

Woo Hoo. After a few years planning, scouting, creating mega cammos, and far too many webpages I am almost ready to publish a new series!!!

Hopefully this will be an exciting treasure hunt. Your objective. Find the Golden Skunk. There is only one so I suspect this might be a fun FTF hunt **lol**

Who will find the Golden Skunk???

PS -- Yes, I know it's shameless self promotion. **lol**
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

Are you having an event for the launch so that you can taunt us all in person?
scruffster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

Yes! I enjoy taunting. I live for it. Ask poor Highlander or KNL Caching. I fear I've driven them both to distraction.

It looks like there are a few events already planned for December / Christmas season. I may wait until after during the great winter Geocaching lull. Besides, I would like the caches to be covered in snow just to make it a bit harder **snarfle**
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

Yes, I am still in counseling to try & get over Scruffster's taunting, but I will chip in this optimistic tidbit - caching in the snow is hardest for FTF. Everyone else just follows the footprints!
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

Assuming the FTFer finds the cache right away I would say Highlander is right. At least they'd know where the cache is not by the absence of footprints. Then there are the under water caches that might not get found until the spring thaw. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Is there a "may need axe" attribute?

This series is designed to be hard. Very hard. I don't expect anyone to find the golden skunk for months after publication. With all the park and grab caches out there, I don't think there are as many people willing to work for a smiley so the buzz may not be as strong as with the first two series. We'll see.
loungelions

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

We loved all your previous series...even if we have to get that last one. We have to get our canoe out in the summer to find that one but didn't get a chance this year. Looking forward to your next series!
scruffster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

Fifteen caches have now been placed. The game is 80% complete. Two beta testers are going through the series to make sure it doesn't roll out like Obamacare.

I was trying to get a launch set up for the Maker Events but that is a bit too soon. I'll be hosting a "meet and greet" event, most likely mid morning on April 12. Attendees will get a head start and, if I have time, a souvenir guidebook.

Tales of the Golden Skunk is nigh.
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

The launch event will be on April 19th at 10AM, Centennial Park on Burnaby Mountain. Woo Hoo. The Treasure Hunt is NIGH!!!

The cache page can be found at: coord.info/GC51PQ7

Who will be the one that finds the infamous Golden Skunk???
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
The launch event will be on April 19th at 10AM, Centennial Park on Burnaby Mountain. Woo Hoo. The Treasure Hunt is NIGH!!!

The cache page can be found at: coord.info/GC51PQ7

Who will be the one that finds the infamous Golden Skunk???

At the Maker Event, Scruffster let me stroke and photograph his Golden Skunk. That is a mighty fine prize you have there, sir. The winner, whoever that is, is in for a treat. Smile
scruffster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tales of the Golden Skunk Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for coming out to the launch event. Tales of the Golden Skunk is now live!!!

http://bobbea.com/treasure/tales/home.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1