CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory!
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Stanley Park Totems
Stanley Park Totems:  [?] . World famous Stanley Park. Explore the area and find some treasures. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory!
toplefttopfilltopright
HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory!
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

Despite its stated goal to travel across Canada, some misguided soul grabbed my 99thGrey Cup TB last August and took it to the USA. It made stops in Colorado, then Maryland, Pennsylvania, and District of Columbia before being taken to Texas where it was placed into a mega-event cache, GC3W8GT Texas Challenge XI on April 5 of this year.

While this event was active my TB was "discovered" by nearly 20 cachers but now that the show is over and the cache page has gone dark, my precious is apparently stuck in this Texan version of Travel Bug Hell and I don't know how to exorcise that demon! Is this a job for TB Rescue?

I have tried sending emails. The first went out to the listed owner of the event cache. No response. Another went to the Texas Geocaching Association. Again, no response. Do I have to resort to a mass email to every cacher that discovered my TB? Frankly, I don't see how they would be of much help. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is there someone at the TGA I can contact to get some results? Sigh! Sad
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

It's really too bad that the owner of the event has not responded. Did you post on the cache page itself?
Sometimes the emails from GP go straight to their junk box which in itself is sad as so much gets missed but when when its a MEGA I suppose the emails would be too much...They probably have it sent to a separate folder and have not gone through the emails.
Do they have a website for the event? A forum for the association?
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

I just checked the cache page.. A lot of TB's still listed and you are not the only one asking...
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

Good news! One of the executive of the TGA (Texas Geocaching Association) had responded to my email and he is going to see if he can find out what is happening with the trackables from the mega-event.

I will pass along any info he comes up with.
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

Sigh! Not much progress to report so far. Instead of 101 trackables stuck in Texas the new total is 93. It seems all the trackables were picked up when the event ended but only those 8 have been logged as grabbed. Too bad Groundspeak can't stick a "log your TB finds" reminder in the newsletter.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

At events now I/we have been recording TB's..who dropped them and who picked them up...creates a bit of work but does save the TB's when we can email the cachers and remind them ...
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

Party Hat GREAT NEWS! Party Hat

My TB has reappeared! A local cacher in Texas logged that they discovered my traveler so I hope to see it return to circulation shortly.

I checked the archived cache page for the Texas Mega Event and there are now just 37 trackables stuck there instead of the 93, so progress is being made. Sometimes patience pays off!
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

Latest update: My own TB has now returned to circulation (finally!) and was placed into a cache in Milwaukee, Wis. The total count of trackables still stuck in Texas Purgatory has been reduced to 33, however I don't know if that's a result of cachers finally getting around to logging their grab or the owners marking them as missing.

Please remember to log each and every trackable item you handle, whether you place it, grab it, or just discover it. This helps the owner keep tabs on their little bundle of joy.

I still hope my TB makes it to its current goal - Regina, and the 101st Grey Cup. Only 2 weeks left and 1500km to go so I won't hold my breath...
Raygar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

My Tb had been stuck in a TB trap for a while as well
GC38NWM
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! My traveler is in Texas Purgatory! Reply with quote

Maybe it's time to contact TB Rescue!
www.tb-rescue.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1