CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Rogers Pass Cenotaph
Rogers Pass Cenotaph:  [?] . The Rogers Pass Cenotaph is dedicated to the completion of the Trans Canada Highway on September 3, 1962. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» BINGO —» Bingo Discussion —» Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun
toplefttopfilltopright
Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Bingo is back!

To celebrate the Blitz GO BIG! and to encourage you to get outside this summer we bring you a new dastardly game of the ever popular BCGA Bingo.

The game will be simple - draw a card, fulfill the task AFTER it is drawn on your card, continue until you can call BINGO!

We will start out with a BIG Square. After that has been won we will continue with 2 other winners with a Full Card. You will be playing for a small gift bag of BCGA swag, including a coin, pin, buttons and fridge magnet.

Any B13: Blitz caches whether published before or after the start of the game will qualify for either the Blitz tasks or other tasks on your card.

Any caches that are not B13: Blitz caches must have been published prior to June 14, 2013 to qualify for a Bingo task.

Not enough Blitz caches in your area? There is still time to get cachers to hide Blitz caches - the deadline is July 2 to have them published.

Remember, this is a game. Please play fair. There are a couple of tasks that may be open to collusion, you will know them when you see them. The Bingo judge may disallow any task where she considers there are any shady dealings.
  full article.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Use this forum to get clarification on any task, mock other players, or grumble about your lousy card. Any grumbling about the difficulty of the tasks will be met with nothing more than an evil laugh from the Bingo Boss (me).

Have fun! Bwaaaahaaaa!
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Just a small clarification. If your task relates to finding a trackable item it means you need to find it in a cache after that task is drawn. No dipping in and out of a cache is permitted.
Searcher_BC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Do all of the finds for this Bingo have to be in BC?

Asks somebody who is working in Edmonton but travels home a couple of times a month.
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

About half the tasks are related to the Blitz so it would be tricky to fill your card. Otherwise, they do not need to be in BC.
Maya Bee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

I won at bingo last year...am I allowed to play again or am I perpetually banished to the sidelines?
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Since we haven't run Bingo in awhile anyone who has won before is eligible to win on this game. People may however mutter nasty things about you under their breath if you win again Smile
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

To celebrate the long weekend, I may throw some extra draws into the mix over the next few days (when I'm not outside playing myself that is).

Happy Caching!
Happy Dabbing!
dora_mor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Mad I work this weekend. Mad
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

If anyone is griping about their card, mine only has one square revealed after 15 draws. Good thing I'm not a real player Smile
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

This isn't a gripe, just a request for clarification. When a task says to "Find a B13: cache not placed in a park or green space", would an Earthcache fulfill this requirement?

I'm having a devil of a time trying to find a suitable cache locally (that I don't own), and I thought since Earthcaches don't have any container physically placed, one of them might be my path to salvation. Shifty What sayeth She who maketh the rules?
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Quote::
This isn't a gripe, just a request for clarification. When a task says to "Find a B13: cache not placed in a park or green space", would an Earthcache fulfill this requirement?

Ha, you are putting me in a quandary here - as the owner of a local B13: Earthcache I would love to have more people visit it.

I was able to find at least 3 other Blitz caches locally that I would not characterize as being in a park or greenspace (in the more specific sense of that term). I don't know if there are any puzzle caches that would fit (other than yours).

For that task I will accept any B13: cache that is in a bush area without any formal, maintained trails that is not in a park or recognized greenspace.

I will not accept an Earthcache as that is located in a park.
Maya Bee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Greetings...

I assume the Gold Country Poker Run caches are not eligible as non B:13 caches since they were published after the June 14 deadline....however we all know that they were hidden way before the deadline. What say you wise one?

Marika aka Maya Bee
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

There are well over 14,000 caches in BC that are not Blitz caches, that were published before June 14. There must be at least one that will meet the task requirements. We allow any Blitz cache for a B13: task as they are time sensitive and limited quantities. Therefore Poker Run caches are not permitted.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Just a reminder to all Bingo players. You may only use a particular cache or trackable to fill a task found AFTER it is drawn on your card. That means if you find a cache on Monday and the task is drawn on your card on Tuesday, you can't use that cache, you need to find a different one.

Oh, and I have now doubled the number of daily draws.

Happy dabbing!
Lakodina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

How do I search for locations of B13: caches?

I am familiar with other caches but not sure how to find or search for Blitz caches.

Thanks
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Lakodina wrote:
How do I search for locations of B13: caches?

The quickest way I know of is to scroll up to the top of the BCGA page and click on "Blitz". You will be taken to a page where you can see "Cache Roster". This shows you a list of B13 caches sorted by geographical area (FV = Fraser Valley, KR = Kootenay-Rockies, LM = Lower Mainland, TO = Thompson Okanagan, IN = Northern BC, IS = Vancouver Island)

Scroll down to your area and you will see all the Blitz caches listed alphabetically. Just copy down the GC code to put into a search on geocaching.com.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
Just a reminder to all Bingo players. You may only use a particular cache or trackable to fill a task found AFTER it is drawn on your card. That means if you find a cache on Monday and the task is drawn on your card on Tuesday, you can't use that cache, you need to find a different one.

Oh, and I have now doubled the number of daily draws.

Happy dabbing!

Sadly the unintended consequence of this rule is people NOT going and finding the caches pending bingo draws. I'd change this rule for next time as it seems to run contrary to the spirit of the game.

I found the B13 caches I wanted already and so had to abandon bingo. Finding the caches was the fun part.
Highlander 71

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

I'll have to echo Ms Fish's comments. After 35 Bingo draws I have a grand total of just 6 squares revealed, and only 3 of those are useful toward a potential Bingo. As a result, my caching activity has become significantly reduced while I sit and wait for more draws - I have just 8 finds since Bingo started and only one of them was a Blitz cache!!
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

I really think that requirement that the cache be found AFTER the square is drawn be reconsidered for this game. I've been out and about finding awesome caches - exactly what the BINGO game is about. Yet, I cannot complete many squares.

I'm hoping this game can be made more fun. Shifty
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Yes, with over 5,000 caches found it certainly would be much easier if previous finds are allowed Smile The question is where to draw the line? The idea of Bingo is to search out caches you have not found that meet the criteria. This should encourage more caching, not less. There are lots of interesting caches out there just waiting to be found - go and find them!

I will make ONE concession - any B13: cache you have found WILL qualify regardless of when you found it.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I only meant B13 caches. I thought the point of the Bingo was to get people finding those caches.

You will find others agree with me who have far fewer finds.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

It has been brought to my attention that my rule concession merely implied that found B13: caches would only related to B13: tasks regardless of when the task was drawn on your card. Since I did not spell it out, I will accept that a B13: cache will qualify for ANY task regardless of when that task was drawn.
katcogo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

We have our first winner! Congrats to Hollyburn who filled her card, not just the big square. We will continue playing until we have 2 more winners with full cards.

I am playing along for the fun of it and I am 3 squares away from a full card.

All squares have now been revealed.

Happy Dabbing!
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

I could fill my whole card too. I even brought back a TB from Australia to do it. I'm just happy knowing that. Smile
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitz Bingo & Summer Fun Reply with quote

The Blitz is over and sadly, so is summer. We have decided to end the Blitz & Summer Fun Bingo on September 30. That gives you six more days to find and/or log your completed tasks. There are two more prizes up for grabs for a full card.

Thanks for playing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Bingo Discussion
Page 1 of 1