CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BC Reviewer retires
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
K'san
K'san:  [?] . K'san, located on the site of the ancient village, celebrates the culture of the Gitanmaax Nation. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» News Article Discussions —» BC Reviewer retires
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
BC Reviewer retires
Topics will be autocreated here when someone clicks on the "start the discussion" links in news items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizardofooze

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

I am sorry to report that one of our BC Volunteer Reviewer team, Scootch, has made the decision to step down from reviewer duties after two years as a reviewer for BC.

The decision is effective immediately, and Scootch will no longer be responding to emails as of today. Any outstanding caches in the review queue that Scootch had been working on will be transferred to myself or the other reviewer, Cachin' Cricket.

It is my understanding that Groundspeak will be bringing in a new reviewer for BC in the next few days, although we don't know the details of the new reviewer's identity or background.

Please be patient while we go through this transition as the new reviewer gets up to speed on local regulations, areas requiring permits (or off limits) for geocaching, and regions of BC.

Please express your gratitude for Scootch's time serving the cachers of BC as a reviewer. Scootch was an active reviewer and will be missed on the BC Review team.

Wizard of Ooze , Volunteer Reviewer   full article.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

Thank you Wiz for the info. We will miss Scootch as a reviewer and appreciate the incredible hard work (s)he has put in on behalf of the cachers of BC.

Reviewers are VOLUNTEERS, they do this job solely to give back to the geocaching community. They respond to new cachers placing their first cache, reason with experienced cachers who THINK they know the guidelines, and put up with many other emails that are not always positive.

The continue to do so with professionalism, day after day.
KnL_Caching

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

I would like to thank Scootch for all the time and energy given to the local Geocaching community during the 2 years of volunteer service.

I haven't had the pleasure of communicating with Cachin' Cricket as of yet but by all reports we have some of the best people reviewing for us. Thank you all and to scootch - Thank you very much for your time and patience.

P.S. Its sad to see you go, scootch. Hopefully I can bump into you on the trails somehow and shake your hand.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

This is a big loss for the caching community and you will be sorely missed. Thank you Scootch for your efforts. It was a thankless job I am sure, but everyone appreciated with your hard work and commitment to the caching community.

I hope to meet you on the trails sometime.

Adrian

grafinator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your work and help over the last two years Scootch.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

Enjoyed the prompt reviews. Going to be missed.. Thank you

Grrr..now we have to guess when the new reviewer publishes......:)
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

Thank you for all your hard work, Scootch!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Reviewer retires Reply with quote

Good luck Scootch.. you will be missed
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» News Article Discussions
Page 1 of 1