CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Nuisance logs
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mountain Goat
Mountain Goat:  [?] . The mountain goat lives in rocky mountainous areas above the timberline throughout parts of North America. British Columbia's population is by far the largest at approximately 100,000. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains —» Nuisance logs
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Nuisance logs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacalathecroc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Nuisance logs Reply with quote

I've been receiving nuisance logs from a cacher who seems to watch for DNF's, then logs a "Needs maintenance" when in fact there's nothing wrong with the cache. After a bit of investigating I've found that this person also logs "Needs Archiving" on caches in good standing, two in particular in Powell River. This person has logged zero finds. Does anyone know if this is something that Groundspeak can do something about? I sent an email to Groundspeak and they referred me to the forums.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuisance logs Reply with quote

It is likely the source of this logs is someone who has set up a "sock puppet" account on groundspeak for the sole purpose of posting these logs. You seem to be very careful about keeping your caches maintained, it seems to be a mystery why anyone would post those comments.

Are these logs directed only at your caches or are they posted on other people's as well?

Have any other cachers had similar experiences either on the Sunshine Coast or elsewhere?
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuisance logs Reply with quote

Was it this user: SCCacheInspection ?

They logged a few Nanaimo caches as needing archive and/or maintenance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuisance logs Reply with quote

We don't normally name cachers by name in the forums but since there is absolutely no way to identify this person(s) (no finds/no hides) by their design I will let the identification stand.
jacalathecroc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuisance logs Reply with quote

He seems to pick on other people too. What really upset me was his posting logs for OTW#1 and OTW#2 in Powell River. I had found these caches with a bit of searching, then there was a DNF. Our friend then jumped in with a "Needs Archive", and that's what the owner did. Sad thing too, they were great caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Lower Mainland / Coast Mountains
Page 1 of 1