CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Trackable Etiquette
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Fort Steele
Fort Steele:  [?] . Fort Steele is a Heritage Town, where visitors can travel back in time to the 1890s and enjoy daily re-enactments of the town's past history and heritage year-round. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Trackable Etiquette
toplefttopfilltopright
Trackable Etiquette
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

I'd appreciate some feedback on the appropriateness (if that is a word) on the following. One of my Travel Bugs, Mr. Bill Junior, was picked up in Hawaii and never moved by a couple in Bellingham, who suddenly stopped geocaching. I used the 'copy' travel bug tag to resurrect him and get him going again. He, along with 8 other travel bugs has gone missing from a cache in Portugal. I'd like to get him going yet again, would it be kosher to create a tag on my own with the same tracking code and relaunch him? If yes, do any of you have any good suggestions for creating my own tag? (Or should I quit being so cheap and just buy another set of tags?)
vanislelady

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

Sometimes we just have to give them an honorable goodbye...
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

Sometimes they get resurrected years later when you least suspect. canadianbacon has a good story about one of his TBs that that happened to.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

I had one of my missing trackables show up at an event I was hosting, unbeknownst to me at the time. I've also had one taken by a self professed pirate in Florida who emailed me to confirm that he had it and was keeping it. I got an email a few months ago from a gentleman who creates replacement TBs for missing bugs, I'll try to dig it up.
The-A-Team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

There's nothing that says it has to be a metal tag. Print an image of a tag on a small piece of paper, laminate it, and attach it to an item. I've seen lots of these in caches.
Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

Well, will wonders never cease! My "Quatchi's Turn" Travel Bug started its world tour in New Zealand in March of 2010. It went missing, along with several other TB's in Japan in September of 2011. I just received an e-mail from a cacher in New Zealand who just found it in a cache down under!!! I am going to try to retrieve the copy TB that I sent out and then have this kind person place it in another cache to allow Quatchi to resume his world travel.
katcogo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

That is awesome! Those are the stories that keep us eternal optimists going. Hope Quatchi makes it home soon.

I got a notification the other day about a BCGA 2007 coin (owned by the BCGA) that had been missing since 2007 was found in a random cache and is now on the move again.
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Trackable Etiquette Reply with quote

Reminds me of this coin I found in a TB Hotel at YVR: /track/details.aspx?id=747349&page=2, it was last logged in California before I picked it up over a year later.

Wow! Good to see the 2007BCGA coin up and traveling again, that's quite the hibernation it had!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1