CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» More Sad Geocacher News
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Steller's Jay
Steller's Jay:  [?] . The Steller's Jay is British Columbia's Provincial Bird and the inspiration for the 2008 BCGA geocoin. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» More Sad Geocacher News
toplefttopfilltopright
More Sad Geocacher News
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: More Sad Geocacher News Reply with quote

We were all sad to hear of the passing of Wayne, the WW of WW-M&M who lost his battle with lung cancer on Dec 23, 2012. Wayne was a true gentleman with a good sense of humor. Our condolences go out to his wife Marilyn, his family, and his many geocaching friends.

We also lost another kind soul, Julie, jrhere who also lost her battle with cancer on Nov 30, 2012. Cache bonus recently placed a tribute cache to her:
Here
titelines

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad Geocacher News Reply with quote

So very sad Sad
We remember very well the day we met Wayne.
It was at a 101 event put on by catapult jeff, iron maiden and the Surrey parks.
We were hooked up with Wayne & Marilyn to show them what geocaching was all about. They got so excited learning about the game, and we got excited for them as we knew first hand the new world they were about to enter, full of so many treasures & new friends.
We always loved to see a note in our "inbox" from Wayne, he would always like to make a joke about our adventures... we watched as the adventures grew with WW-M&M and loved to read their logs, they were usually more than just a "TFTC".
We were so saddened to hear the news when Marilyn contacted us that Wayne was in a battle with cancer and we hoped & prayed he could fight it.
We are so grateful to have known Wayne, even if only for a short time.
We will always have a special memory of Wayne that will last us a lifetime.
Our hearts reach out to you Marilyn (M&M) We are very aware of the battle you fought with him and extend our hearts, hand & ears to you if you need them.
Cache Bonus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad Geocacher News Reply with quote

It seems like we're having to do this far too often lately...saying good-bye to a caching friend. We just said good-bye to Julie, jrhere, and now Wayne- WW-m&m. Wayne was down-to-earth and straight forward in his caching and logs. Wayne/Marilyn and I kept in touch quite often, helping each other out with hints etc. We have lost another good caching friend far too early. My deepest condolences to Marilyn and family. gary- Cache Bonus
Sweet-marie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad Geocacher News Reply with quote

I first met Wayne and Marilyn at a cache in south Surrey in June of 2010. We spent a few hours together that day and had a good time. We bumped into each other many times after that and I always found them to be fun and cheerful. I taught Wayne a few puzzle solving techniques and he caught on quicklyl. I remember him writing to me when he solved his first puzzle all by himself! He was quite thrilled!

We were both diagnosed with lung cancer about the same time and I remember seeing him at the cancer clinic one day last June. I went to give him a hug and he said no - it hurt too much to get a hug! My heart went out to both him and Marilyn. My deepest sympathies go out to Marilyn and her family at this time.

Everyone should do themselves a favour here and go out and get a chest xray. For those that don't know this - Wayne never smoked!
oldfunseekers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad Geocacher News Reply with quote

I first met Wayne at one of Sweet-maries caches ,when we approached each other and introduced ourselves , I found out he had been looking for me for some time .We got ot know each other well ,Our wifes got to meet also ,We had the pleasure of caching with them both . Wayne and I did some long hikes up and down mountains that took the whole day . He was a great guy to spend the day with . He had great stories to tell and and was always telling jokes .He was a great cacher and will be sadly missed by all. My condolences to his wife and family .
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1