CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» The First Estonian Geocoin Project
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Revelstoke
Revelstoke:  [?] . Carved Grizzlies frame a town square in Revelstoke. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» The First Estonian Geocoin Project
toplefttopfilltopright
The First Estonian Geocoin Project
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpbarr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have been trying to get the first Estonian Geocoin made but have got stuck at the funding side as it's a small country and not so many Geocachers. And it is a growing hobby here too. Someone suggested that I put it up on a crowdfunding site, so I did Smile
[url=http://www.rockethub.com/projects/10832-estonia-s-first-geocoin ]The First Estonian Geocoin on Rockethub]www.rockethub.com[/url]
There are great Geocaching related rewards for everyone who helps out with this project, including the coin itself Smile I have had a lot of support from the Czech, as well as the Latvian Geocachers, I hope you will support this project too.
One thing that was asked very early on was: What happens to the money if you don't reach your goal? It was a good question and the answer is that we still get whatever is raised for the project and yes everyone that has a reward coming to them will still get it.
The same with the Geocoin, it will just take a bit longer to raise the money and have them made. I will take the names addresses of anyone who should be getting one of the coins and as soon as it is made they will be the first to get one Smile

Thanks for your time in reading this
Happy caching

jpbarr
jpbarr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

A massive thanks to those of you that have contributed to the project. We are now a quarter of the way to our goal!!!! Some people have prefered to send via Paypal so I have started to offer that option with the rewards being the same as on Rockethub Smile
My Paypal account is: beeswax.ou @ gmail.com

Lets keep this going and get this geocoin made Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

I thought I would keep you all up to date.

I seem to be getting some good exposure around the Geocaching world, the Estonian Geocoin project has caught a few eyes.
The Podcacher Podcast did a segment on their last show about it
Listen to it here: www.podcacher.com/ Show 392

And on top of that I was asked to do an interview for www.notaboutthenumbers.com, online caching magazine, which I did today. How cool is that?
jpbarr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Its nice when people like my designs this much Smile

Including what has been sent to my paypal account the project is at 30% of it's goal. So, it's slowly creeping up.
Everyone has been fantastic in getting behind the Geocoin. Even though I don't think I will reach my goal on Rockethub I will continue to raise funds through Paypal and events and keep you all up to date with info until it is produced and everyone has their coins Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Right, one last push while the project is on Rockethub. How close to the goal can we get in the last week?
Remember there are some great Geocaching products up for grabs when you give to the project, including the Estonian Geocoin itself.
The first estonian Geocoin project
Of course if you, like others, prefer to give via paypal then you can do that too: beeswax.ou @ gmail.com

Thanks again to everyone that donated so far and I hope more of you will like this Geocoin to help too.
Everyone that has donated $20 and up is guaranteed one of the coins as soon as they are made Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Come on guys, there is a couple more days on rockethub. I am sure there is more of you out there that would love one of these geocoins Smile
$16 donation gets you the geocoin.
jpbarr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Just done the final calculations on this project and I need just €430 to make it happen. That's 21 more people to donate Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

20 more people Very Happy
jpbarr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

18 more people!! the countdown has begun Party Hat
jpbarr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

down to 16 now Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Come on guys and girls, less than 24 hours to go on Rockethub to give to this project. Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Ok, so Rockethub's deadline has passed and we raised an amazing $733 (after fees). Thanks to everyone that has helped out with this project. I am now collecting all the contact info from everyone that fueled through Rockethub and I will be sending an email to you all.

We are still a bit short of what is needed to get this made so I will continue through Paypal to collect the rest Smile
Here is my paypal account: beeswax.ou @ gmail.com

Thanks again to you all and I will keep you updated.
jpbarr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Just to be clear, the amount in my last post is the amount raised through rockethub only. Altogether I have raised €1102 of the €1300 needed Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't posted in the last week or so:) It has been a crazy week, as I have been trying to get on top of packaging and posting my Halloween pathtags to everyone that bought from me
Here is where I stand at this moment: I have been informed that the money transfer from Rockethub is on its way and should be in my account this week. So far the amount raised has not changed since my last post but I have got the project on another Geocaching blog : Web Page Name
This time a Swiss/German one, so I hope this will bring in a few more interested people

We are still short so anyone else that would like to get their hands on this unique Geocoin post here or PM me at beeswax.ou @ gmail.com.

Thanks to everyone.
jpbarr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Hi All, just a quick update for you.
It's all worked out with the Geocoin company and they are ready to start a sample on my say so. Unfortunately the exchange rate from € to $ changed and it put an extra €130 on to the bill. So I want to finish a couple of my jobs over the next week or so and will put the money in myself. I just don't like giving the go ahead to something without having all the money in hand. Can't wait!! There are still coins available if anyone wants some Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

A Happy New Year to everyone! And what a great start.....I have just had confirmation that the samples of the Estonian Geocoin have been started. Yippeee!!!! I can't wait Very Happy
jpbarr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

The Estonian Geocoin has been ordered! I expect the samples to be ready around January 17th and the rest of the coins around the 10th of February.

The initial mint will be 250 coins and already nearly 130 are spoken for.
Reservations are through me so if you haven't ordered one but would like to get your hands on this great first of it's kind from Estonia you can email me at: beeswax.ou @ gmail.com

Coin stats:

dimensions: 45mm
thickness: 3mm
features: multilevel design
icon: yes
tracking: geocaching.com
finishes: Antique Silver

Price is €12 each + postage (€4.50 for up to 5 coins includes track & trace)

jpbarr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Woohoo!! My Estonian Geocoins have arrived at my vendor in Prague and will be on their way to me on Saturday!!! Smile
jpbarr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: The First Estonian Geocoin Project Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I have been so busy taking and filling orders that I totally forgot to post the pictures.

I still have Estonian Geocoins, pathtags and wood coins left if anyone wants
Although I only have a few of the pathtags, if there is enough interest I will order more
You can order through my email: beeswax.ou @ gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1