CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Geocaching in Second Life
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mountain Lion
Mountain Lion:  [?] . The Mountain Lion, also called puma and cougar, are found throughout British Columbia. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Geocaching in Second Life
toplefttopfilltopright
Geocaching in Second Life
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rozen



Joined: Jun 11, 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

I'm a student from Simon Fraser University, doing research in Geocaching, specifically geocaching in Second Life, if there happens to be anyone that plays there or have played there, I would like to be able ask you a couple question about comparisons to geocaching in real life etc..

I only recently started geocaching so I'm quite new to this...
Or if you happen to know anyone that does, it would be great if you could help me out.
Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top
vanislelady



Joined: Jan 20, 2007
Posts: 227
Location: Campbell River

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

So I have to ask...What is Second Life?
Back to top
Rozen



Joined: Jun 11, 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

Second Life is an online virtual world, where people can live in, using avatars, make money etc,
more info here:http://secondlife.com/
Back to top
Draglings



Joined: Apr 14, 2007
Posts: 14
Location: Victoria, BC Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

Visit slgeocaching.com for details.

Rozen wrote:
I'm a student from Simon Fraser University, doing research in Geocaching, specifically geocaching in Second Life, if there happens to be anyone that plays there or have played there, I would like to be able ask you a couple question about comparisons to geocaching in real life etc..

I only recently started geocaching so I'm quite new to this...
Or if you happen to know anyone that does, it would be great if you could help me out.
Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top
Rozen



Joined: Jun 11, 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

thanks, I have already been there, I came here to see if I could cover a larger area

Draglings wrote:
Visit slgeocaching.com for details.

Rozen wrote:
I'm a student from Simon Fraser University, doing research in Geocaching, specifically geocaching in Second Life, if there happens to be anyone that plays there or have played there, I would like to be able ask you a couple question about comparisons to geocaching in real life etc..

I only recently started geocaching so I'm quite new to this...
Or if you happen to know anyone that does, it would be great if you could help me out.
Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top
Draglings



Joined: Apr 14, 2007
Posts: 14
Location: Victoria, BC Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

We also left you a PM here to contact us through geocaching.com The_Draglings and we would try to answer any of your questions.


Rozen wrote:
thanks, I have already been there, I came here to see if I could cover a larger area

Draglings wrote:
Visit slgeocaching.com for details.

Rozen wrote:
I'm a student from Simon Fraser University, doing research in Geocaching, specifically geocaching in Second Life, if there happens to be anyone that plays there or have played there, I would like to be able ask you a couple question about comparisons to geocaching in real life etc..

I only recently started geocaching so I'm quite new to this...
Or if you happen to know anyone that does, it would be great if you could help me out.
Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top
icdgirl



Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

DeedeeVI from Victoria is a Second Life player and, I believe, has done a lot of work as a computer programmer with Sim City so may have information for you.
Back to top
Rozen



Joined: Jun 11, 2012
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching in Second Life Reply with quote

icdgirl wrote:
DeedeeVI from Victoria is a Second Life player and, I believe, has done a lot of work as a computer programmer with Sim City so may have information for you.

would you know how i can contact this them?
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1
All times are GMT - 8 Hours



Jump to:  


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


bottomleftbottomright
topleft topfill topright
Advertisement
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright

:: Copyright 2003 - 2009 BC Geocaching Association ::

RSS Feed:
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGeocaching
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy
Theme by British Columbia Geocaching Association.