You have been burning the midnight oil in your fiendish cache-creation workshop all winter waiting for your moment to set your creation free. You have burned out numerous brain cells creating a puzzle so devilish and perfect cachers will say your name in vain at just the thought of it.
Your time has come . . .
The Blitz is Back Baby!
Blitz 2012: Let’s Go Play Outside!
If you Place it We WILL Come
Hide Period May 15 – July 3
Voting Period May 15 – August 6
Awards Event Dates August 18/19
This year due to popular demand we will return to cut throat competition that you all know and love (apparently).
The categories will be as follows:
OVERALL (best in BC)
CAMOUFLAGE / DISGUISE
HIKE / VIEW / SCENERY
EDUCATIONAL SPOT / ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS
CACHE PAGE CREATIVITY
NEW for this year – Vote & Win – for each vote you make, you will receive an entry into a prize draw
The fine print (ie the Rules):
1. Placing a Blitz cache is open to any cacher resident in BC.
2. Votes may only be cast for caches on which the voter has logged a “found” log. Votes may be cast by any user registered on the bcgeocaching.com website, they do not need to be members of the BCGA
3. All caches must have the preface B12: (such as B12: Rubber Ducky) so that they can be easily identified and added to the voting list.
4. Caches may be placed in advance with a note to the reviewer that they are Blitz caches to be published after noon on May 15.
5. To be eligible for Blitz voting all Blitz caches must be PUBLISHED
by midnight July 3. Give yourself and your reviewer enough time to properly review your cache.
6. Micro caches are permitted if they form an integral part of a larger cache container, or are stages for a cache with a larger final.
7. Prizes will be awarded in each of the following geographic areas of BC:
- Lower Mainland (LM)
- Fraser Valley (FV)
- Island North (IN)
- Island South (IS)
- Thompson/Okanagan (TO)
- Kootenay/Boundary (KB)
- North (NO)
8. Up to 3 prizes will be awarded in each category depending on the number of caches placed and votes for those caches in a particular geographic area.
9. If caches are not placed in a particular category in a particular geographic area or receive no votes, no prizes will be awarded.
10. There will be one overall prize awarded for the cache judged to be the best in BC
11. BC Geocaching Association directors may participate in the Blitz but are ineligible to win prizes.
12. Any rulings made by the BC Geocaching Association directors will be final – because this is supposed to be fun! full article