CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Spring Stomp 2012
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
K'san
K'san:  [?] . K'san, located on the site of the ancient village, celebrates the culture of the Gitanmaax Nation. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Caching Containers
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Spring Stomp 2012
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Spring Stomp 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
couloir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Planning for the Spring Stomp 2012 (March 31-April1) is well underway. I have confirmation on over 50 caches so far and at least 25 are already placed and in to the reviewer. We are expecting over 100 new caches, and hopefully more. The area is already rich in caches for out-of-towners. Check the listing site and links there for more information.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Days off are booked, hotel is booked...can hardly wait for my first Stomp and getting some of those kKamloops caches!!!
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

this is "one of two must do events" for our family, been following on facebook and it sounds like this will be an amazing weekend...
anakerose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Will we be able to get a hold of the GPX file if we're late? My Ringette windup is the night before and I don't know what time we're going to get there. If we can't get the GPX file we'll just come up for the AGM unless we could get it the day before? No chance of us exploiting it since we live in Kelowna (not that I would even consider it anyways!!!)
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Since you are in Kelowna, I will be able to get the GPX file to you before the weekend. Obviously, the expectation is that these new caches wouldn't be sought after until after the morning get together, so I don't think there is a problem with sending the GPX file out to out of towners (or anyone else who can't be there in the morning for that matter). I wouldn't anticipate that anyone would want to exploit the gpx file and ruin the FTF fun for others.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

I say the above as the guy compiling the gpx file for the event. couloir, the main organizer for the Stomp may have different ideas on how to distribute the gpx file. But there certainly will be some way of getting the file to those who will be arriving late on Saturday.
anakerose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Awesome thanks! If you don't end up getting it to us early I can track Adrian (Fonty Family) down and he'll have it.

As much as we'd like to believe people are honest, there's always one that won't be unfortunately. You can be sure we won't be that one!! Considering it'll probably take us 2.5 hours to get there, I'll be shocked if we get any FTF's Smile We're only staying for the Saturday anyways. We (LordEd & I) need to save up for our wedding and cruise Smile

If anyone finds a trackable before the event that wants to go to Alaska, save it for me and I'll make sure it gets there!
vanislelady

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Leaving from Vancouver Sat morn but I don't expect to get there by 9 so I am not worried... Still 99.9% of the caches in Kamoops for e to find anyway !! Mr. Green
couloir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

We are still looking at having over 100 new caches. We are in late stages of planning at this time and everything looks good.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

looking forward to this event...hotel room booked!
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Just in the process of completing the last few finishing touches to the GPX file and it seems like we will have in the neighbourhood of 120 (!!) new caches for this event! The upcoming weekend looks promising for lots of geocaching fun and good times. So plan on coming out to Kamloops if you can make it. Check out the event page here and post your "Will Attend"!
Magicman65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

MaliBooBoo wrote:
Just in the process of completing the last few finishing touches to the GPX file and it seems like we will have in the neighbourhood of 120 (!!) new caches for this event! The upcoming weekend looks promising for lots of geocaching fun and good times. So plan on coming out to Kamloops if you can make it.

Unfortunatly I will not be able to attend the AGM/spring stomp event as I need to be on the island for a previous commitment. Sounds as if it will be a blast!!! However, I will be in Kamloops on March 28-29th on business(this wednesday and thursday) If there is anyone around during the day that may want to go caching with or just meet me at a coffee shop or something, please feel free to let me know by posting here or shoot me an email to cymagic @ shaw.ca
Would love to meet some of the local cachers!!!

PS I will be performing at Duffy's pub in Kamloops on thursday night, if anyone wishes to come on out.

Chris Yuill
BCGA VP

MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Chris,

What time are you performing at Duffy's? That's right at the bottom of the hill from where I live. (Not that that's a guarantee that I'd be able to sneak out!).

PS - did you see who the geocacher of the month is? (Congratulations!)
Magicman65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

MaliBooBoo wrote:
Chris,

What time are you performing at Duffy's? That's right at the bottom of the hill from where I live. (Not that that's a guarantee that I'd be able to sneak out!).

PS - did you see who the geocacher of the month is? (Congratulations!)

I believe the show starts around 7pm Thursday, hope to see some cachers come out, and say hi!!! Jester

PS Thanx!!!

Chris Yuill
Magicman65
BCGA VP

kbsgis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Just getting on to this as my sons were out with their aunt yesterday so we are late comers. Wondering if the GPX file is available for a download as we have no GPS unit and want to use Trimble Outdoors to upload the way points to our Samsung android device via that app.

So far have not seen any links for this file and in order to get the coords you have to be a premium member on the host page from what I have read.... Correct?
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Email me at morrison.craig @ hotmail.com and I can send you the gpx file.
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

A big thank you to all the organizers of this event, our family had a terrific time!!
vanislelady

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

It was great to meet some new cachers and put faces to names. Thanks for having us there and allowing the AGM to piggyback your event!!
nenners

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Some pictures are posted on the "Geocaching Kamloops" facebook page.
grafinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Stomp 2012 Reply with quote

Thanks to couloir and all the other geocachers involved in putting together this years Spring Stomp.
It was awesome as usual.
Hope I can make it again next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan
Page 1 of 1