CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Garmin GPSmap62 problem
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Atlin Lake
Atlin Lake:  [?] . Snow Caves of Atlin Lake [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Garmin GPSmap62 problem
toplefttopfilltopright
Garmin GPSmap62 problem
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

My Garmin GPSmap62 was loaded with four caches. When I turn on the unit and look for these caches I get this message: "No results found. Try adjusting search parameters." Has anybody had this issue before and if so how did you resolve it? I have never had this problem before.
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

Try connecting to the computer and deleting all .gpx files in the GPX folder. These are the caches you have loaded. Then disconnect and restart the device, reconnect to the computer and reload the 4 caches you had.

Sometimes this works. It's an easy fix and worth trying.

Paul
Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

Thanks. I thought I had tried that already, but I did it again and this time it worked! Cachers are great people. Lightbulb
Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

I was preparing for the MVG#2 in West Van yesterday and was trying to load a couple of the caches I had already found on the Capilano Pacific Trail into my Garmin GPSmap 62. They would not load. While on the hike today I met Highway Guy (I think that was his name) and he said I needed to change something in my Pocket Queries so that the GPS would accept previously found caches. I can't see how to do this. Can anybody help?
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

Go to the pocket query and the boxed area below the area where you select container size...there you will need to check the box beside the description "I have found". Then your PQ will load all found caches in addition to the other criteria selected.

hope this helped

Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

Thanks. I have never used a Pocket Query before. In order to try the "fix" you gave me, does that mean I would have to create a Pocket Query?
Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

I went on-line and asked Garmin for a solution and so far they haven't come up with anything. If someone could walk me through trying to resolve the issue using the "Pocket Query " method it would be appreciated.
Rocky Banks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin GPSmap62 problem Reply with quote

garmin came up with the solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1