CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Molly's Reach
Molly's Reach:  [?] . This historic diner, featured for 19 years on CBC's famous TV show, "The Beachcombers", is a cultural mainstay for many Canadians. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police
toplefttopfilltopright
Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjguy98

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police Reply with quote

Police just cleared out a geocache at Macdonald Beach by the Vancouver Airport - don't know which one....happened about an hour ago.

tjguy98

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Ploice Reply with quote

It would be nice if one could fix up the embarrassing spelling mistakes before the world sees them...
Admins, can you fix the Subject spelling?

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Ploice Reply with quote

What happened? Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Ploice Reply with quote

I couldn't find anything online. I found a few caches in the area a few weeks ago. I wonder if some of the caches are in the sights of airport security.
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police Reply with quote

Spelling corrected. Do you have any more details?
tjguy98

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police Reply with quote

No further info at this point...I was contacted by someone I know with the RCMP regarding possible caches in the area at the time it was happening. I haven't talked to them since, so I don't know how the original complaint came in, etc.

I believe one of the members involved did some geocaching, so they should know how to get ahold of the C/O if they wanted to....

katcogo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police Reply with quote

The cache in question is GC39637 SIN02. Apparently a dog found it and brought it to it's owner who was concerned enough to contact the RCMP. The CO received an email from the RCMP reporting that the cache had been destroyed. (after having been contacted by cachers as well).

The RCMP knew what it was when they saw it but I guess it was a slow day and the bomb squad had nothing better to do. This was a small cammoed spice bottle with a wire attachment for hanging. Its nice that Geocaching is mainstream enough now that some police know what they are dealing with and where to go for contacts. Good enough reason to make sure all your caches are properly marked as geocaches.

I am attaching a photo of an almost exact replica except larger. I was out with the CO to replace today with something hopefully less innocuous (and out of the reach of dogs).
savant9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police Reply with quote

I was starting to wonder if it was my adopted Team cache in the area, as its really big yet some one logged a dnf on it today...... Shifty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Macdonald Beach Cache Collared by Police Reply with quote

[quote="katcogo"]Apparently a dog found it and brought it to it's owner [quote]

I was just wondering if I could adopt that dog ... I could use all the finding help I can get Shifty
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1