CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Shuswap Caches
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
A Happy Sea Lion
A Happy Sea Lion:  [?] . Seen on shorelines all over BC, and under the waves too. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» Regional —» Thompson / Okanagan —» Shuswap Caches
toplefttopfilltopright
Shuswap Caches

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
couloir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Shuswap Caches Reply with quote

Shuswap Geoquest was funded by Community Futures as a promotion for tourism in the area. The funding has run out and the initiative is no longer supported. In the last week, a large number of geoaches was archived by chase_bc. Looking at his account (link) , it appears that he has about 55 geocaches. I am hoping that the Thompson-Shuswap-North Okanagan geoachers can either adopt or pick up the caches this spring.
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Shuswap Caches Reply with quote

What's wrong with letting them be archived so new caches can be hidden?
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Shuswap Caches Reply with quote

The_Pollywog wrote:
What's wrong with letting them be archived so new caches can be hidden?
What's wrong is the geo-litter aspect of having them not be picked up (or adopted). As per couloir's post.
The_Pollywog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Shuswap Caches Reply with quote

I was only referring to the adoption aspect. I'm all for not leaving doggy doo behind. Don't twist my words now.
couloir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Shuswap Caches Reply with quote

Either way is fine. Adopt or pick up. Attempts to contact the cache owner have been unsuccessful so it may be pick up. I started a Bookmark list and will post a link here once finished.
couloir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Shuswap Caches Reply with quote

I created a bookmark list for the archived caches. It is called GeoQuest Archived (link). since the owner is not responding, tis won't be an adoption. it is will a pick up the container and rescue any travel bugs, etc. You could also use the container to set out the cache container as a new cache at the exact same spot with you as the new owner. any help you can offer to pick up r place the container is appreciated. I believe you can log an archived cache too, but either way, if you do make a change, please log it s that others know if it is still sitting out there.
couloir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Shuswap Caches Reply with quote

I created a bookmark list for the archived caches. It is called GeoQuest Archived (link). since the owner is not responding, tis won't be an adoption. it is will a pick up the container and rescue any travel bugs, etc. You could also use the container to set out the cache container as a new cache at the exact same spot with you as the new owner. any help you can offer to pick up r place the container is appreciated. I believe you can log an archived cache too, but either way, if you do make a change, please log it s that others know if it is still sitting out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Thompson / Okanagan
Page 1 of 1