CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM)
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mountain Goat
Mountain Goat:  [?] . The mountain goat lives in rocky mountainous areas above the timberline throughout parts of North America. British Columbia's population is by far the largest at approximately 100,000. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM)
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM)
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Since this thread regards the upcoming AGM, I would like to request that a review of the TOU with respect to the running of the forums be added to the official agenda.

Thank you.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

My sense is we should start with a discussion of whether there should be a public forum here at all. If history is anything to go by, they have done more harm than good to the organisation.
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Cuddlefish wrote:
My sense is we should start with a discussion of whether there should be a public forum here at all. If history is anything to go by, they have done more harm than good to the organisation.

I see no indication whatsoever that these forums are in need of being closed, however that is my opinion only. You must be aware that a discussion on this topic will generate passionate debate as have other threads over the years. If this is what the Executive are proposing then start the thread and lets have the discussion.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

It would be ironic to have this discussion on the forums, don't you think? Part of the problem is much of the membership does not even make use of them! However, it will make a great topic for the next Exec meeting (after we have organised the BCGA coin). Afterwards, we can bring it to the AGM as necessary.
SOLONM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

I joined BCGA in 2008. I attended the AGM in Coquitlam. That meeting was held in November.
In 2009 the meeting was shifted to December and held in Hope.
The 2010 meeting was backed off to 2011 and held on Vancouver Island.

The AGM is meeting to deal with the Annual Business of an Association as laid out in the the Constitution of the Association. The agenda should be a review the financial reports (in addition to any other reports), a budget proposal for the forthcoming year, an election of the new executive per the by-laws. Amendments to the constitution and by-laws may also be considered by the membership at the AGM, provided the membership has been allowed the correct time frame to consider them.
AGMs have nothing to do with coin productions.

Lets get this back on topic
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

SOLONM wrote:

AGMs have nothing to do with coin productions.

Lets get this back on topic

Perhaps you misread my post? Our next Exec meeting (board meeting) will be regarding the coin, not the AGM.

And I agree with the the purpose of the AGM as you outline. Thanks for your post.
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Cuddlefish wrote:
It would be ironic to have this discussion on the forums, don't you think? Part of the problem is much of the membership does not even make use of them! However, it will make a great topic for the next Exec meeting (after we have organised the BCGA coin). Afterwards, we can bring it to the AGM as necessary.

Now I am really confused, I asked that the TOU be put on the agenda for discussion at the AGM. It was not I who suggested that a discussion take place, I only suggested we go ahead if that were your wishes. Ironic perhaps, but how else would you propose to discuss this point.

If the forums are to be anything more than a "great topic" at your next meeting ie: disbanding them, then the present discussion is a waste of time. If that is not the case then, as requested originally I wish to have the discussion of the TOU added to the Official agenda for the AGM.

I think you should allow the membership to determine the destiny of the forums, one way or the other, without threats of closing them down, or the suggestion to do so coming from only one member.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

We want to attract the best candidates to be Board members for our BCGA. At least I do. In the past there has been very little interest from members in stepping up to become board members. Much of the time people are elected by acclamation.

Part of the reason is sadly because of perceptions that are given off by these forums. Misconceptions of the organisation, our membership body and what we stand for come about when people read the threads and see the disrespect that can take place when people do not want to play nice in public. It undoes so much of the hard work the BCGA is doing behind the scenes to promote geocaching. Can you imagine if some of the partners BCGA have worked with such as BC Parks, or Metro Vancouver Parks, over the last few years came and checked out some of our recent posts?

I enjoy posting here and reading here. But not everyone does. If the forums do no good for the BCGA, nor towards attracting good candidates to run for the Board, then we need to think about how we can make them work. I believe that means discussing *all* options, even ones I personally disagree with in order to give the issue a full consideration.

The discussion needs to have a frame work which is why I suggested the Exec formulates one so they can bring it to the membership. But even then we will not get a consensus for what should be done and it will fall on the Board to consider what was discussed and make choices.

It is about trying to make things better, that's all.
grafinator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Actually I think a lot of people don't volunteer to be members of the executive because they know how much work it is and that it is generally a thankless job.

That is the only reason I have never done it, I don't have time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Expressing your intent to discuss the forums and formulate a framework in which to conduct a discussion was not mentioned in your previous posts. I respect your wish/intent to do that, but why not say so in the first place rather than suggest it will make an interesting topic at your next meeting.

It is my opinion that definitive rules with respect to the forums would go a long way toward controlling the content of the forums. A portion of the TOU is great, but then it goes on to create nothing but smoke and mirrors and gives licence to misuse from the moderators.

I believe also that a concensus can be reached, the bigger problem may be respecting the wishes of the majority whichever way it goes.

My request is to address the TOU and perhaps amend it at the AGM, can we agree to do that and go forward without further discussion.
katcogo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

As I understand it the TOU are part of our SOP so are not part of our by-laws (nor should they be). As such they do not need to be changed or ratified at an AGM. Certainly an AGM is a place for member input (as are these forums).

The TOU are intended to be guiding principles rather than a blueprint of "if this happens do this". They need to be general enough not to tie the hands of the moderators, yet strong enough to protect the website users.

Remember that the number of actual BCGA members are roughly 10% the number of people using the website and forums [edited as I had it backwards] .

If there are members out there who have come across what they consider to be outstanding TOU guidelines elsewhere the executive would appreciate a copy of them.

Last edited by katcogo on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

This discussion has taken this thread completly off course. My original post regarding the TOU with respect to the forums was related to the AGM. I would suggest all posts subsequent to my orignal request be moved either to the Censorship thread or into a new thread. My preference would be as a continuation of the discussion with respect to the censorship in the forums, either way it should not detract from the intent of this thread.

When that is done I will respond respectfully to the post by katcogo.

Thank you in advance.
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

katcogo wrote:
As I understand it the TOU are part of our SOP so are not part of our by-laws (nor should they be). As such they do not need to be changed or ratified at an AGM. Certainly an AGM is a place for member input (as are these forums).

The TOU are intended to be guiding principles rather than a blueprint of "if this happens do this". They need to be general enough not to tie the hands of the moderators, yet strong enough to protect the website users.

Remember that the number of actual BCGA members are roughly 10% the number of people using the website and forums [edited as I had it backwards] .

If there are members out there who have come across what they consider to be outstanding TOU guidelines elsewhere the executive would appreciate a copy of them.

I agree with your interpretation of the intention of the TOU and that it not be a “blueprint”. However I believe these rules need to be “specific” enough that any moderator independent of the forums would moderate the same way in a given circumstance. The problem with being too general is that it allows a Board member to restrict opinion and expression based on their interpretation of the TOU.

Some rewording of the current TOU might suffice. More important is the application and interpretation of the wording. The issue of over moderating or censoring or the complete opposite will forever exist “without” specific guidelines suitable to the membership and administered fairly by the Board members who act as moderator.

Am I to understand that 90% of the people who post to the forums and visit the website are “non members”? Doesn’t say much for member participation or interest does it. As a "member" I have made my thoughts known and will say no more on the topic here.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

There are currently about 4,200 users registered on this website while there are roughly 450 BCGA members. Having said that though, a large number of the forum posts are made by members, or others who are passionate about the BCGA.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

IRLPGUY wrote:
The problem with being too general is that it allows a Board member to restrict opinion and expression based on their interpretation of the TOU.
Precisely! Well said.

I have even suggested making it a non-Board member volunteer type of position to make it even less likely for manipulation to occur. I don't think it has to be a director who moderates.

Quote::
Am I to understand that 90% of the people who post to the forums and visit the website are “non members”?

I think they are saying that 90% of members don't use the forums.
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

MaliBooBoo wrote:
I have even suggested making it a non-Board member volunteer type of position to make it even less likely for manipulation to occur. I don't think it has to be a director who moderates.

How do you propose that this volunteer moderator be selected? Will it be the loudest poster to the forums? How will this person's objectivity be measured? How will this person ensure the support of the membership?

Hmm, sounds like the best way to ensure that is to have an election to make sure that person is someone the majority of the membership feels best represents us. Hmm, isn't that how the Executive is (s)elected?

Maybe we need to elect a Sergeant-at-Arms to wield the mace and moderate the forums to keep good order.
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Ooh oooh oooh. I volunteer!!! **snarfle** Give me a free hand and I guarantee the forums will be a pleasant place to interact by Christmas. I did it once with very little issue. I could do it again.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
Ooh oooh oooh. I volunteer!!! **snarfle** Give me a free hand and I guarantee the forums will be a pleasant place to interact by Christmas. I did it once with very little issue. I could do it again.
The pleasantness of the forums has NOT been the issue. The issue has been censorship. (As scruffster has noted several times, this censorship has been going on for years). Therefore, I think the position(s) should be filled by people who would be willing to follow the (hopefully soon-to-be) revamped TOU Agreement which would be written to ensure such selective deletions would no longer occur. I am Just trying to generate some ideas from other members here to ensure this no longer happens with this association.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

MaliBooBoo wrote:

The pleasantness of the forums has NOT been the issue. The issue has been censorship. (As scruffster has noted several times, this censorship has been going on for years). Therefore, I think the position(s) should be filled by people who would be willing to follow the (hopefully soon-to-be) revamped TOU Agreement which would be written to ensure such selective deletions would no longer occur. I am Just trying to generate some ideas from other members here to ensure this no longer happens with this association.

The strongest suggestion I could make for you is to be nominated, run as a board member and then become elected. The forums, their policing, moderation, TOU etc are all matter for the board and the board alone. This is a board that the membership elects at the AGM. The membership's views are more than welcomed and encouraged, but until you are elected to represent the membership, there is little you can to effect the change you want to see, particularly if you are in the minority, and the issue is not one of the Society's bylaws.

Meanwhile, I freely devote my precious time to do work as a board member that generates the income for the association to pay for the website, forums, and website administrator. If you want to do the same, you are more than welcome to.
grafinator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Maybe there should be a new position added to the board of directors then. Maybe we should elect one or two moderators who are unbiased and can moderate without letting their emotions dictate what is and is not deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Ahhhhh, this is where the debate is at a roadblock. Censorship hasn't been going on for years. But axing posts has.

When I monitored I most often sent a note to the poster that read something like this.

"Thanks for posting on the BCGA Forums. Unfortunately I was forced to delete your comment due to its nature. We at the BCGA encourage constructive criticism and healthy debate. However, we wish to keep the forums family friendly. For this reason, I ask that you refrain from voicing your opinion in an aggressive manner. You're free to repost on the topic, but if the post or topic becomes too personal we reserve the right to remove any or all posts deemed unsuitable for a family audience. Please note that personal jabs (either direct or inderect) to a person or group will not be tolerated.

Thanks for understanding"

Threads were recently axed because they were bashing a group -- in this case the BCGA board of directors. That was so unfair. Yep, your "opinions" got taken out with the laundry. Boo hoo.

It's as simple as that. If people think that is censorship, I can't help them. There is always a polite way to express yourself. If you can't do it, expect your post to be axed. Oh yea, starting a post with "No offence but..." is not considered by myself to be appropriate. Instead of arguing, why not try just being nice. I really don't think that is too much to ask.
grafinator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

I agree, there is no room for group bashing here.

Although people do have a right to express their opinion, they must be polite about it. If people take a moment to think about what they are saying, they can just as easily get their point across by being nice as they can by being rude.

Maybe in cases where a member is being rude it would be advantageous for other members of the BCGA to come to the defence of the group/member being bashed. Then there would be no need to delete the posts.

I find it very frustrating that such a heated topic has had relatively few members make a comment. If people feel that I am being an ass in the forums then tell me. If people agree with my views then say so. Either way it would be nice if people would have an opinion. Any opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

grafinator wrote:
I agree, there is no room for group bashing here.

I find it very frustrating that such a heated topic has had relatively few members make a comment. If people feel that I am being an ass in the forums then tell me. If people agree with my views then say so. Either way it would be nice if people would have an opinion. Any opinion.

I agree.

I have received a number of emails, twitter messages and texts from members on recent topics. When I tell them to reply on the forums, the members say no thanks. The irony is many of them tell me not to be so easily bullied by others...
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

It is very sad that a member of the BCGA cannot make a comment or make a suggestion that might or might not solve what he sees as improper use of the TOU.

He and Grafinator both expressed their opinions in this and other threads, both were met with sarcastic responses as is pretty much every post that is contrary to the beliefs of the Board and a select few within the BCGA membership.

There was “no” disrespect shown another member, no personal or group bashing in any way in any of their posts. Neither did they do that in other threads they have posted to.

The suggestion made over and over in these forums is that if you want to change anything then get elected to the Board. MaliBooBoo as a member made a suggestion that should have been received with “respect” and the offer made to address his concerns in some manner suitable to him and the entire Membership.

If these forums cannot be used to communicate with the Board respectfully as he did, then there is no hope for any change to be made in the way the forums are run. Or for any member to express the wish to have his/her concern addressed by making that request in the forums.

I ask you to read the posts to this thread, as well as other threads, the only ones that are disrespectful toward another individual are those posted by members of the Board and one other member. Read them and think about what you folks have said to this member from Kamloops.

Don’t wax on saying “it is not what you say, it is how you say it” and make the type of posts that were made here and in other threads. That does not help your cause to have respectful dialogue, besides it is just plain hypocritical.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

IRLPGUY wrote:
As a "member" I have made my thoughts known and will say no more on the topic here.

Ed please stop your just baiting people on here now. If Malibooboo wants to speak to what has been said then please let him do it. You said you were done with this topic please stand by what you have said.
Norbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

I sincerely wish that you could all learn to get along and find the love in your hearts. Geocatching is a beautiful and exciting passing time, with many thrills and fun. There is lots of room for love, togetherness, and care for each other.

Reading the computer posts from the last few weeks makes me want to sob and cry. I took up geocatching to find friends and maybe even meet a woman to be my wife one day. The friends I have met (many who willingly post here) are sometimes forgetting that love, kindness, and harmony are the guiding principals of life, and should be applied to geocatching as well.

Put aside your differences, take some deepening breaths, and remember how lucky you are to be able to go to the outdoors, find little boxes, and put little things in them, and take little things out to put in other little boxes. There are many who can't.

With all my love and beauty,
--
Norbert.
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Norbert wrote:

Reading the computer posts from the last few weeks makes me want to sob and cry. I took up geocatching to find friends and maybe even meet a woman to be my wife one day. The friends I have met (many who willingly post here) are sometimes forgetting that love, kindness, and harmony are the guiding principals of life, and should be applied to geocatching as well.

--
Norbert.

I'd sign your logbook any day, Norbie. I'd even go to MARS for you. Just so you know.

Come meet me in secret one day somewhere, I promise you will not be disappointed. Wink
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Here is an amalgamation of the suggestions by members so far for solutions to fix the current way the forums are run:

1) Update TOU so as to be more specific as to what qualifies for “moderation”.

2) Automate moderation.

3) Remove moderation as a board function. (i.e.- volunteer position(s), or elected sworn to follow updated TOU and at arms length from board of directors)

4) Do not delete posts but have them visible to the membership as an example of what is unacceptable and to ensure transparency.

This is a great start people! Keep the great ideas coming. There really isn’t that much time until the AGM (or at least there shouldn’t be)!
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

If you refer to SOLONM's post above, she correctly points out the purpose of the AGM. As the forums are not part of the By-laws, I am not sure how we could have this topic be part of the AGM. At our last AGM, 71 members attended.

However, I am thinking that it still is important and we should put this out to the general membership in some way. We have that ability via an email to all members, as we have done for other matters. We can send out a questionaire asking the members their opinions on the forums.

Indeed, I like MaliBooBoo's suggestions up there. We can put them out to the membership and ask for their opinions and responses.

If you would like, the board can make up a questionaire and send it to all the membership for their responses. At least the membership will have have the opportunity to have a say even if they choose not to

I welcome all ideas, as the forums as they stand now do not seem to meet our membership's needs at all as they are only used by a small segment.
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

This is getting tiresome. It may be an idea to string together all the threads pertaining to this topic.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

scruffster wrote:
This is getting tiresome. It may be an idea to string together all the threads pertaining to this topic.

Actually I feel it is finally getting positive. Let's keep our opinions to ourselves and keep this positive vibe going. If your tired Scruff take a time out sit back and wait to see how this new idea formulates.
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Kelly: Since you have taken the liberty to address me by my name I will do the same. If you read my posts I encourage everyone to speak their opinions and concerns in these forums, at no time did I attack anyone for doing so. I merely pointed out the glaring negative response by certain individuals to MaliBooBoo’s posts. Those responses are there for anyone to see and form their own opinion as to the way his concerns were addressed.

I would like to point out another glaring problem with the “moderation” of these forums by quoting these two posts. Look at the contrast to what I have said in my posts and what this member has said in some of his posts. Now I ask everyone to look at how each has been addressed. I think it will be starkly apparent that fair and equal treatment is not being applied by those moderating these forums.

TESKELLY wrote:

Ed please stop your just baiting people on here now. You said you were done with this topic please stand by what you have said.

Cuddlefish wrote:
Scruffy, just let me know if you need me to erm "moderate" those last posts once you wake up and the sobering begins.

I fail to see how my defending the rights of everyone to post a concern, and to be addressed in a respectful manner, could be seen as “baiting” anyone. My defense extends and includes the most prolific poster to these forums. Mr. Huggy posted a very insightful message in another thread. There are lessons to be learned in there for all of us. I am only asking that the moderators apply a fair and equal set of rules to how they moderate these forums. I will end this with a single word – Please -
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

I respectfully retract some of my comments in my last post. Thank you Kelly.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

IRLPGUY wrote:
I respectfully retract some of my comments in my last post. Thank you Kelly.

Just curious...which ones?
scruffster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

**gasp** Be nice.
MaliBooBoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

Cuddlefish wrote:

At our last AGM, 71 members attended.
Hmmm, I see what you are saying. You are right, the AGM alone is not a place to have such a vote. Not a very representative vote. ..

A questionnaire via email to the membership would work. Alternatively, if the Board of Directors feel that some, or all suggestions are worthy, couldn’t they simply work towards incorporating them? This could potentially fix the problem without having to approach the membership with a questionnaire/referendum. Or perhaps a working group could be struck to iron out the details on how to make the necessary changes to the forums?

I, too, have noticed the new positive vibe that has started to show through here. It is a relief...A breath of fresh air...

Although, was that really necessary, vanislelady??
vanislelady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

A perfect example of how what one person posts can be taken in more than one way....
Perception is everything...written content is very hard to decipher unless the poster is very, very clear as to what they mean.
Therefore moderation is always an extremely hard job and not one to be taken lightly. Even the most stringent guidelines can be misinterpreted by the moderator.
IRLPGUY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

MaliBooBoo I am so glad you did not do as you suggested you might do in your email last evening. You have managed to put the issue in context and have had positive responses. I am sure a way to move forward on your and others concerns regarding the forums can be found.
I take no exception to Vanislelady's post, I suspect Kelly must have understood and accepted my retraction. If I were able to edit the post I would have done so for claification.
Lets keep the discussion respectful while still allowing everyone who wishes to do so, an opportunity to express an opinion on the topic at hand.
vanislelady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

IRPGUY - no issue meant

Perhaps an ability to edit and remove our own posts. Sometimes we do not see how something is written until it is too late..
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Forums TOU (Was 2011 AGM) Reply with quote

How about a report post button? Then individual readers can report posts that do not follow the updated TOU...might free up board members time to just review problem posts as opposed all posts. The moderator then makes a decision based on TOU
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 2