CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» 2011 AGM
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Rogers Pass Cenotaph
Rogers Pass Cenotaph:  [?] . The Rogers Pass Cenotaph is dedicated to the completion of the Trans Canada Highway on September 3, 1962. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» 2011 AGM
toplefttopfilltopright
2011 AGM
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grafinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Since the end of the year is quickly coming upon us, and I have not noticed any mention of it earlier, I am curious when the 2011 AGM is going to be held, and where.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Once we have discussed the AGM and decided on the where and when, we will share that with the membership. I presume it will be a topic at next month's board meeting.
grafinator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the bylaws that the BCGA is required to abide?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Nevermind, I found them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

grafinator wrote:
Since the end of the year is quickly coming upon us, and I have not noticed any mention of it earlier, I am curious when the 2011 AGM is going to be held, and where.

We were just talking tonight about when and where the next AGM might be.... gotta put it in the plans Smile
scruffster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

oooh oooh oooh. Does that mean Titelines and Grafinator are in the running for next year???
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Could a board member please provide the following information please.

1) Assuming that the AGM is being held in the lower mainland and/or the island,will there be an electronic method to attend (for example skype)?

2) Is there the ability to present a motion from the "floor", with out physically attending the AGM (for out of town members)?

3) I was reviewing the BoD minutes for last 2 years, and noticed that the last set of minutes were published for a July 25th meeting. However, board members in other forum postings have mentioned there have been monthly meetings, could you post those minutes for the meetings in Aug, Sep, and Oct for members to review?

4) Finally, I was trying to find the BCGAs financial statements (audited) is there a link on the website, so interested members can review?

I want to mention that this post is not meant to be in anyway as a critism of the past or current board or any individual member of the BCGA

Thank you in advance for your response
titelines

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

The financials are not put on the public forum as it is not availablefor viewing by non-members. If you contact the Treasurer via email I believe she should be able to provide you a copy.
katcogo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Hi there, hope I can answer some of your questions.

If you click on the AGM/EGM meeting minutes you will find a list of the AGM and EGM (Extraordinary General Meeting) minutes. The last AGM was held in Nanaimo, the previous one was held in Hope. We are willing to travel (within reason) to hold the meeting in other parts of the province.

We do not have audited financial statements as that would rapidly empty our bank account and serve no useful purpose. The financial statements are presented at the AGM and are available to members on request.

One of the things we have on our plates for this year is to test the system for online voting and if it tests to our satisfaction we will implement it for this AGM. That would cover voting for the executive only, not for any motions as these need to be spoken to at the meeting - you would not want to have someone voting on a motion without debate.

If any member is interested in helping to test the electronic voting. please contact any of the executive. Our programmer/webmaster has suggested a testing plan to ensure the voting module is secure and accurate.

I believe any motions would need to be made in person. It is an interesting suggestion about electronic attendance, we will have to work on that one a bit.

Yes, the executive have held meetings, we are a little lax in getting them uploaded to the website.

Thanks for your questions and your interest in the Association.

katcogo - aka Kathy Costello BCGA Treasurer
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Thank you Kathy,

I will send you an email request for a copy of the financial statements for last few years I can understand the lack of need to have the statements unaudited as you are right that would drain the society's resources, I only mentioned audited financials because the society's bylaws mention that an audit would be considered as necessary. I have some additional questions about the financial statements but I think it would be more appropriate to send via email, if that is okay with you?

I would be happy to help test the electronic voting system ahead of the upcoming AGM.

I would like to present one and potentially two motions for the membership and/or board debate and if the motions are found to be reasonable then put to a vote. However, driving down to the lower mainland in the jmiddle of winter is not an option for me. Could the board discuss in advance of the upcoming AGM how the BCGA can accomodate out of town members, so their voices are heard also?

In your last post you mentioned the last two AGMs were held in Naniamo and Hope, is there anywhere that I can find where all the prior AGMs have been held because when I reviewed the minutes I did not see any mention of location?

With regards to the unpublished minutes of the executive, could you give the membership a timeline as to when we will see these minutes posted to the website for our review?

Thank you in advance for your response to my additional questions,
Respectfully,
Adrian
grafinator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Hi Adrian,

I'm not positive, but I believe the AGM's for 2006, 2007, and 2008 were held in either Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam, but I may be mistaken.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Thank you grafinator, I hope to receive a response from a member of the executive...as I want to base my opinion on facts
grafinator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint you but none of the current executive were members of the BCGA at that time so they will have to get their information from elsewhere.

You would be best off directing this question to Scruffster or other previous executive members. Since I was personally present at those AGM's I was telling you they were held at either Port Coquitlam or Coquitlam, I just don't remember which year was which. That is fact.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

No problem your post implied that you were not sure. I took it to mean that you were not certain about location and were guessing. But now I understand that you are certain about the location but uncertain about the specific dates at each location.

I would assume the association would have the records to answe where/when each AGM was held.

Thank you for the response to clarify your original post though
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Fonty Family wrote:

With regards to the unpublished minutes of the executive, could you give the membership a timeline as to when we will see these minutes posted to the website for our review?

The Minutes are up to date. Please make note however that there was not a meeting held in June, August, or October due to various reasons. The minutes can be found here:

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...amp;cid=10
Fonty Family

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

Thank you for uploading the minutes for Sept.
grafinator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM Reply with quote

No problem, my posting probably wasn't very clear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1