CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» An event not to be missed -- will it hit MEGA?
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Mountain Lion
Mountain Lion:  [?] . The Mountain Lion, also called puma and cougar, are found throughout British Columbia. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» An event not to be missed -- will it hit MEGA?
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
An event not to be missed -- will it hit MEGA?
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Half-Canadian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: An event not to be missed -- will it hit MEGA? Reply with quote

Lots of your fellow BC'ers are making the short trek down to Lynden, Washington (5 minutes south of the Aldergrove border crossing) to attend what is shaping up to be a MEGA Halloween event. This amazing event is Saturday, October 22 -- only about five weeks away -- we're currently at about 250 cachers registered on the Geomonster Ball website and lots more who have logged a "will attend" on the event page GC2VNQA

This full day event includes a morning meet-n-greet, where you'll pick up your registration packets and sign the (hopefully) MEGA event logbook, then choose from over 100 new caches placed for the day in typically kooky Half-Canadian style, then wrapping up with a fun-filled evening of food, indoor geocaching, trick or treating for kids of all ages, a costume contest, music and more! Your attendance will help get us ever-closer to that magic 500 number, which will award the event a coveted MEGA icon for your profile page!

Don't forget to register your attendance on the website soon so we'll have your nametags and goodie bags ready when you arrive for the beginning of a fun-filled day!

There may be limited registrations available the morning of the event, depending on how many have pre-registered, but don't risk being disappointed -- be sure to register in advance to ensure your spot for this event!
scruffster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: An event not to be missed -- will it hit MEGA? Reply with quote

I've seen photos of the event on Facebook. It looks like an absolute riot. I'm sorry I missed it.
Half-Canadian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: An event not to be missed -- will it hit MEGA? Reply with quote

I just got the exciting news from Groundspeak that the event has been certified MEGA! Thanks to each and every one of you that attended and pushed our attendance over the 500 mark. Thanks to all who contributed financially to help cover the expenses, and to those who volunteered their time and energies to work before, during, and after the event. Without your help this event would not have been nearly as successful and fun as it was.

Give yourselves a big pat on the back! Trophy
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: An event not to be missed -- will it hit MEGA? Reply with quote

Holy moly that is AWESOME!!!!!

It was certainly a MEGA weekend for me. I had one of the most enjoyable geocaching experiences of my geocaching 'career'. It would be hard to top it, but see you next year anyway! Wink

Thank you HC (And StWD) for all your work on that whole weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1