CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Gnome On The Rage # 7
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Coin Sales  
Marine Life
Marine Life:  [?] . "Second only to the Red Sea", according to Jacques Cousteau! Explore under the ocean. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» Recommend a Cache —» Gnome On The Rage # 7
toplefttopfilltopright
Gnome On The Rage # 7
Do you have a cache you would like to recommend? Post it here with the name of the cache as the title of the post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKiff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Gnome On The Rage # 7 Reply with quote

Ceebeecee and I recently spent three days up the Squamish Valley area finding some of the Gnome On The Rage caches. It's an excellent series of caches that I'd recommend to anyone who has a vehicle capable of offroading; however, one of the caches in the series really stood out to me: Gnome On The Rage #7: GC2WTR0, which is at the abandoned Ashlu mining camp far back in the forest. In fact, I'm having trouble thinking of any cache that I've enjoyed more, and I've been to many great caches.

This is a link to a video that Ceebeecee took of the building where the cache is hidden. You can also see some photos of the camp if you look at the cache page.

If you are interested in going, you can take an offroad vehicle up the road until you reach a point where some old mining equipment blocks the road. Then it's about a third of a mile walk along the road until you reach the camp. If you take a car, you may have to walk a lot further, but the road is well-groomed for a long ways in and even a long walk is worth it.

Be sure to continue past the camp to find Gnome On The Rage # 6, too. It's a nice walk.
hollyburn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Gnome On The Rage # 7 Reply with quote

Thanks, I hadn't noticed this series. Looks interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» Recommend a Cache
Page 1 of 1