CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» "Best of the Bad" July 16/11
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Steller's Jay
Steller's Jay:  [?] . The Steller's Jay is British Columbia's Provincial Bird and the inspiration for the 2008 BCGA geocoin. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Gold Country
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» "Best of the Bad" July 16/11
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
"Best of the Bad" July 16/11
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magicman65

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

Hello all BCGAer's.

I have been put in charge of organizing the BCGA booth for this event. If you are planning to attend and would like to help out, we are looking for volunteer's to be at the booth throughout the weekend. We would be looking for people to be there for 1/2hr to an hour at a time, so there will be lot's of time for other things. More people helping with this means less time for each volunteer.
If you can help, please email me at cymagic @ shaw.ca to let me know when you think you can lend a hand.
All that is needed is a friendly smile and the ability to let other cachers know that we have the best caching in the world, here in British Columbia.

www.bestofthebad.ca/

Thanking you,
Chris Yuill (magicman65)
B.C.G.A. Vice President

Magicman65

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

Still looking for a few more volunteers. Please email me.
If you have not registered for this event, what are you waiting for???

Chris Yuill
Magicman65
BCGA VP

Magicman65

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

If you wanting to have a blast this summer, make sure you are at this event: www.geocaching.com/see...0cf00f296b

For more info on this MEGA event: www.bestofthebad.ca/

they are adding more each week, They even have a Magician that will be doing a childrens and an adult show as well as roaming around the event doing some close-up. www.cymagic.ca/index.html

Also if you can help at the BCGA booth, please send me an email: cymagic @ shaw.ca

Chris Yuill
BCGA VP

Magicman65

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

So far I have got a few emails to help out at the BCGA booth, would really like to see some more support. The more people we have helping out the shorter time is required to sit there. This is a great time to take a break from the hot sun or get off your feet for a rest, as well as meet some great people and chat up how awesome it is to cache here in BC. Please email me and give me a preffered time and I will slot you in as best as possible. If you have'nt registered yet for this event....what are you waiting for???

Chris Yuill
Magicman65
BCGA VP

Magicman65

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

I am heading out on the 6th of July on tour thru southern BC, southern Alberta to Medicine Hat, up to Central Alberta (Edmonton) and then back down south for the Best of the Bad. Does anyone know of any cool ghost town or cemetary caches in those areas??
PS still have a few spots open for volunteers at the BCGA booth for those of you heading there. Shoot me an email: cymagic @ shaw.ca

Thanx, Chris Yuill
BCGA VP

soobaxM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

A cool spot is Sandon, an amazing ghost town, they have a neat little museum and a cache! Too bad I didn't know about caching when I lived there. Have a look at GCy4EV. Also Kaslo is a neat place, check out GC145NN. And one of my favorite places is Ainsworth Hotsprings. There is an earthcache there GC1K2VK. We are hosting an event in Trail, BC and Calgary, AB if you are in the area come join us!
vanislelady

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

Hey Chris..Get a hold of dloubert.. He has done a lot of those kinds of caches in AB
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

So, for those who attended, how'd it go? Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat wrote:
So, for those who attended, how'd it go? Very Happy

Awesome!!! Amazing work put into making this an incredible weekend! The town was so friendly. Everything was well organized. Can't say enough good things about it!!!

Looking forward to Island Spirit 2012!!!
Magicman65

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

www.bcgeocaching.com/i...pic&t=2334

HighMaintenance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: "Best of the Bad" July 16/11 Reply with quote

Best event I have ever attended...must have taken many volunteers and years of organizing...We had the best time, there was something for everyone...Looking forward to next year's mega event!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1