CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE!
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Nelson B.C.
Nelson B.C.:  [?] . A town where time has seemingly stood still. Turn-of-the-century ambiance lingers in every corner. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE!
topleft topfill topright
LOG-IN DIFFICULTIES
Please be advised that we are currently having problems with some of our users not being able to log into the site. We apologize for this, we are working to address the situation. Thank you for your patience

Thank You
BCGA Executive

toplefttopfilltopright
Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE!
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
90percentAngel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE! Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you may know about this yet but the Entire 'Heart of the Valley' series of caches has been Stolen! For any of you that have done them, I'm sure you will be as shocked as I was at finding this out. To think that a cacher(s) would stoop so low as to destroy ANYONE elses caches, let alone such an amazing series absolutley blows my mind! It is blatently obvious this was done by cacher(s) as they all disappeared at once and could only be found by working out the puzzles. 15 caches with an amazing final. GONE! To top it off the final was on private property and was Custom made. So much work must have gone into putting this series togeather in the first place I can't help but wonder what about the 'sick minded' people that would do such a dispicable thing! It took me a lot of time figuring out the puzzles and to think that others who have been working on solving them with the hopes of finding this unique series, will not get that chance if they are not replaced. This is theft, plain and simple. It is very disheartening to know that there are cachers out there that would engage in such practices and ruin such an awesome caching experience for others!...your thoughts???
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE! Reply with quote

That is beyond awful. Very tragic for geocaching and the cache owner. I am speechless.

Sadly after what I have seen lately (such as in the thread about the BC Parks coins), stories of geocachers stealing what is not rightfully theirs abound at the moment.

I am deeply ashamed with a small segment of BC Geocachers at the moment, and if it is a BC Geocacher who stole these caches, shame on them too.
agate47

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE! Reply with quote

I have done the series and they are/where awesome.

It is such a very sad thing that this has been done in the geocaching community. There where many hours and much effert put into this series by the CO's which are now gone. The final was awesome..a work or art. What the thief will do with that I can not imagine.

I would say to this person, to please reflect on what you have done and make it right.
90percentAngel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE! Reply with quote

I agree whole heartedly! More than that, if ANYONE knows who these Vandalcachers are....do the right thing and REPORT them to Groundspeak! This outrageous behaviour has got to STOP!

If perchance the theives happen to read these forums, I have to ask how the hell you would feel if someone stole YOUR caches after putting in the time and effort it takes to place them, and ruin the sport for all those who wanted to make the find??
Are creative cachers REALLY such a threat to you??? Are you REALLY that insecure/juvinile?? ... Step up to the plate man, ... turn the stolen caches in...even anonomously... and leave the C.O's alone so those of us that appreciate Great Caches, may continue to do so!~
katcogo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE! Reply with quote

This is beyond belief. The whole series speaks of the 2 COs deep love of their community. Each cache was carefully thought out and very informative, and the puzzles were generally easy to solve (perhaps that was the problem). My plan was to solve all then make the trek out to Chilliwack for a day to search for them.

I can only imagine the hours of work that went into each and every cache. The cooperation of the City of Chilliwack and community groups makes this so much sadder. It is an embarrassment to the entire caching community that this reprehensible behaviour occurs.

I hope the involvement of the RCMP will have success as the person(s) involved need to be identified and prosecuted.
marmi_and_tas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Entire 'Heart of the Valley' Series GONE! Reply with quote

The CO has our sympathy on this one. Perhaps the perpetrators have dug themselves into a deeper hole? Everyone seems to have a good idea of exactly 'who' they are. The RCMP will treat this investigation much the same way as they treat the "dog fighting" investigation...kind of at a low priority. What a shame though!! Our fun sport of caching has its glitches...and those glitches are easily identified. Darn those Bad Apples anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1