CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BC Parks 100years Coin
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Butedale Cannery
Butedale Cannery:  [?] . Abandoned in the 1950s, folklore surrounds Butedale as its ghostly lights burned into the night for twenty-five years until the hydro generator was finally turned off in the late 1970s. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Worldcaching.com
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» General —» BC Parks 100years Coin
toplefttopfilltopright
BC Parks 100years Coin
If you have questions/comments about geocaching in general or anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, post them here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gearhedd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

75km drive today, missed the boat yesterday.. but was able to grab ONE coin. They look great.
CAMOKELLY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Glad you got one Smile
Mr. Wilson and a Mt. Goat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Darn, didn't know they had coins in them this year...
Any pics?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Here is a link . . .

www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcpa...index.html
savant9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Ya I couldnt get to any in time. If anyone wants to sell theirs, drop me an email.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

I get a coin a different way. I volunteer to do the design work. **teehee** That way I get a coin and don't have to try to beat the FTF hounds to the caches. There are very few BC Parks by Burnaby but a lot of FTFers.
32fordroadster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Drove from Maple Ridge to Harrison Hot Springs and beyond to get one...with the last 10 plus km off-road...what a trip but well worth it....I think LOL!!
katcogo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Just did a check on the BC Parks 100 caches. There are still a lot in semi far flung areas (and closer) that are waiting for a FTF. There are also a number where the finders already had coins so left them there.

Additionally there are still 10 parks caches yet to be published. So - do not despair - go get em!
Cuddlefish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

As long as people play by the rules and only take one coin (no matter how many caches they find) and take one per account we will have more to go around.

Sadly, some people are not following the rules and this is leading to disappointment to others.
katcogo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Here is a clarification of the rules for claiming a BC Parks 100 coin:

There is a maximum of one coin per Geocaching account.

Volunteers involved in the program have been given a coin as thanks for their participation. These people are not permitted to claim another coin for either themselves or their families.

The only way a coin may be claimed is for a cacher holding a valid Geocaching.com account in their own name to physically visit the cache at the posted coordinates AFTER the cache has been published. In order to claim a coin, the physical log book must be signed and the find must be logged online indicating that a coin has been claimed.

If a cacher visiting a cache already has a coin, that cacher may not claim another coin under ANY circumstances. Remaining coins MUST REMAIN in the cache for another finder.

In the case of a dispute, the BC Geocaching Association directors shall be the sole arbitrators in the dispute. Their decisions shall be final.

Thanks to BC Parks for creating this wonderful program. Have fun this summer exploring our beautiful province and all it has to offer!
savant9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Well taking Katcogo's advice I decided to put a watch on a few caches. I found a cache that the logs claimed to still have 2 coins in. I decided to head out there tonight and phoned Bishop9000 to see if he wanted to head out there with me. He also loves coins but is usually out of the loop on such matters and wasn't even aware of the BC parks 100 program. He got antsy waiting for me to arrive from Langley so he headed out to the skagit on his own to make sure he got one. He got there 20 minutes before I did to find only 1 coin remaining in the cache. The last log on the website claimed only 1 one was taken from the cache, there were no additional logs in the book other than the ones on the site. When I arrived bishop was kind enough to give the coin to me as he was previously unaware of them and wouldn't have went out without my encouragement. 275km round trip, 5 hours and a bunch of great caches made the trip worthwhile, but now I feel bad for bishop as he is coinless. So if anyone is selling one, I would love to purchase one for him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

After our trip to the Confuzzled Rush, my next destination was the Sunshine Coast. Manage to find a few caches on the second day mostly thanks to luck as my GPS was not getting better accuracy then 40meters. The next day we plan on heading to Skookumchuck narrows, this is when the problems appeared. My Garmin GPS wasn't working, I didn't have any caches loaded for the area, the programs for my back up Magellan GPS were not yet downloaded onto my computer, and I didn't have any wifi where I was staying. Well, after a walk around the block, some free wifi was found at a nearby B&B, and soon enough the caches and programs were all working and ready to go.
Armed with the Triton 400, we ventured out to the Narrows. I had 5 caches lined up, including one BC parks 100 cache. It being more then a week after the parks caches were published, I was not at all expecting to see a coin in the cache, but what do you know, I scored a third to find AND A COIN!!! Woohoo! Happy dance!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
I was not at all expecting to find a coin in the cache, and was my day ever better because of it!

Sorry to hear about all these mysterious coin disappearances, but there was still on left in the Skookumchuck Narrows cache if you're interested.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Well my friend bishop9000 was lucky enough to get a new cache notification @ harrison lake yesterday and rushed out to the area and managed a second to find to get a coin. So its all good now. Thanks to all the hiders that worked hard on this project!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BC Parks 100years Coin Reply with quote

Are there any BC Parks coins left in the forest? Any extras out there anywhere? Someone wanted mine but I said no no no I do not think so. **teehee**
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» General
Page 1 of 1