CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) British Columbia Geocaching Association —» Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Route pocket querys don't work on my Dakota 20 anymore.
Home Newest Caches Forums Your Account About BCGA Search Blitz  
Striped Skunk
Striped Skunk:  [?] . The Striped Skunk is a common sight in the forests and suburbs throughout British Columbia. [M | C
Toggle Content=  Register or Login  Please Join our Association 
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Our Sponsors
Landsharkz Coins and Geocaching Gear
Worldcaching.comLandsharkz Coins and Geocaching GearGold CountryCaching Containers
bottomleft bottomfill bottomright
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Waypoints
topleft topfill topright
Toggle Content Coming Events
Forums —» General Caching —» How To? —» Route pocket querys don't work on my Dakota 20 anymore.
toplefttopfilltopright
Route pocket querys don't work on my Dakota 20 anymore.
Have question about how to use your GPS, hide a cache or solve a problem, let the local experts try to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Route pocket querys don't work on my Dakota 20 anymore. Reply with quote

Has anyone experienced the same problem since the GC.com make over? I have a number of route pocket querys sitting on GC.com. I have used them extensively before with success. The other day, I ran a route PQ for a route I have traveled before. I set out and noticed that no caches were showing up on my Dakota 20 and I positively know that there are caches there. Luckily I had my laptop with me and my good old standby Map60. At the other end of the route, I re-loaded the route PQ into my Dak 20 and also into my Map60. On the way back I had both units turned on. My Map60 showed 499 caches along the route and my Dak 20 didn't show any. I used the same route PQ on my Dak 20 on previous runs along the route and it worked fine. Not any more. Only works on my Map60. Anybody got an idea?
savant9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Route pocket querys don't work on my Dakota 20 anymore. Reply with quote

Seems like the typical error that can happen on certain garmin units (CO,OR,DK,62, and 78) Try deleting all gpx files from the /Garmin/gpx/ folder on the device and SD card. Reboot the unit with none on it. Power down and reload your PQ. On next power up it should now show them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Route pocket querys don't work on my Dakota 20 anymore. Reply with quote

OK, that seems to have done the trick. So much for FTFs Thanks again.
savant9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Route pocket querys don't work on my Dakota 20 anymore. Reply with quote

I really wish garmin would fix this issue, it has been aroud since the release of the CO in 2008. The problem comes when the pq is titled the same as a previous one. On boot up it compares the file to the internal database, and if its the same it doesnt bother reloading it. Emptying the gpx folder allows a wipe of the internal database. On the next boot up any gpx file is considered new so the database is restored. I wish garmin would just add a "Force gpx reload" button in the setup menu. The workaround that I use is to only load caches to the sd card. That way if you end up out in the field with no caches displayed, you can just remove the card, reboot, power down and reinsert the card.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index —» How To?
Page 1 of 1